Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2019 crashes very often

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
488 Views, 10 Replies

Autocad 2019 crashes very often

Using laptop with Windows 10 64-bit, intel i7-8750h, 16GB DDR4 2666 RAM, Nvidia GTX 1050TI and dual storage 128GB SSD M.2 NVME + 1TB 5400RPM HDD.

The report report shows:

-acminidump.dmp

-dmpuserinfo.xml

-dumpdata.zip

What is the problem? I'm also having crashes with other Autodesk software (3ds Max 2019)

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I'm also having crashes with other Autodesk software

I would update (or downgrade) the graphic card driver.

Also make sure your products have the latest updates installed.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

You think this is likely due to the 1050Ti? Any info on which version I should install of it? Currently it's the most updated driver of the 1050Ti. Also, is there a way to tell what caused the crash? Is there any event log in the Autodesk folder or Windows 10 that shows it? In fact, I tried to disable the graphics card via the Device Manger and it still occurs

Message 4 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> You think this is likely due to the 1050Ti?

In case you are having issues with multiple applications then either none of the Autodesk applications are updated or the graphic card (driver) is the most critical component.

>> Also, is there a way to tell what caused the crash?

No way for us, just for Autodesk developers.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous

I managed to get this data from the dmpuserinfo.xml, is there any developer here who thinks this is relevant to the problem?

thius.jpg

Message 6 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> I managed to get this data from the dmpuserinfo.xml,

Do you get always these (same) messages for each of your crashes ... and with different drawings?

This one sounds like you have defect 3D-Solids and so may be file dependent.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous

Yep, the same. What do you mean by defect solids, and is there a possible way to fix it?

Thank you!

Message 8 of 11
pendean
Message 9 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> Yep, the same

Please upload such a file and let us know which steps exactly you do to get AutoCAD crashing.

The open point too: what update is installed for AutoCAD (start command _ABOUT and show us a screenshot).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Message 10 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks, so you're saying that my laptop is OK and the problem is actually most likely in the file itself?

I will try to recreate the crash and update as soon as possible

Message 11 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> so you're saying that my laptop is OK

No, there does not exist enough information so I can really state anything about your laptop hardware, driver, drawing files.

When you can recreate the crash with one file and this file with the same command crashes on other workstations too, then it's a file based issue. But before we can reproduce that my latest information is "your previous graphic card driver was working well, after the driver update you get crashes, so it seems to be driver depended" .... SEEMS TO BE, but we have no proof about this yet.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta