AutoCAD 2019 Arial Font issue

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
4967 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2019 Arial Font issue

Hey

We had to do a reinstall of my PC and since then, the fonds in all my drawings are to big and jagged. The files are fine, there is a problem with AutoCAD since the reinstall. 

I use ARIAL (but it does not display as Arial), I made most of the drawing myself (and all the affected text), I never before had any problems with it nor do my coworkers, I had AutoCAD 2019 before and it worked fine and it still works fine in the TrueView, I have the latest drivers for my Nvidia FX3800, the latest AutoCAD update, I tried turning on and off Hardware Acceleration and smooth lines, there are no Annotations active...

I don't see what changed sinds the reinstall, but the text renders  different and wrong. 

I attached a screenshot of a part of the drawing. The .dwg is on the right and the same part of the .pdf (I made from the file a couple of days ago) on the left 

Knipsel.PNG

john.vellek has embedded your image(s) for clarity

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Can you share your drawing file with me?  If you have assigned ARIAL but it is not displaying as such, then AutoCAD cannot find it or it is damaged.  In this case, a different font (Simplex is the default) is used. This font can be changed using Fontalt.

When you indicate that you are using Arial, is that also the Style name or just the name of the font assigned to your current style?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John

It is indeed a style named "Arial" that uses "Arial Narrow" as font, which was not installed. 

I installed the font Arial Narrow and it works fine ! 

Thanks for the help and the quick respons ! 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta