Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2018: Missing Ribbons & Options on command

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
1629 Views, 4 Replies

Autocad 2018: Missing Ribbons & Options on command

My ribbons for hatch, array, etc., aren't appearing. When I change the HPDLGMODE, the dialog box appears but still no ribbons.

Also, the options that appear right after typing in a command, example: RECTANG Specify first corner point or [Chamfer Elevation Fillet Thickness Width]:, does not appear until the first option is made.

I constantly receive messages like below, when typing in commands.

"Command: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '36352 bytes loaded from AcWindows, Version=22.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: '36352 bytes loaded from AcWindows, Version=22.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)
at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Ribbon.TabEvaluatorFactory.Load()
at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Windows.RibbonContent.get_ContextualTabEvaluator()"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

since when need more details for your issue. let's try:

• HPDLGMODE = 2 .
  • type Hatch... to notice Hatch Creation appeared and of course with active Ribbon status. see below image

kkk.png

Good Luck..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Message 3 of 5
pendean

Repair reinstall R2018 then update it with the latest patch: resist using any migration tools when you start it afterwards and see if your problems go away.
Message 4 of 5
CADbloke

Here's the v2019 version of the same problem on Windows 10 Enterprise 1803 build 17134.523, .NET 4.7.2 (release 461808) ...

Command: System.BadImageFormatException: Could not load file or assembly '36864 bytes loaded from AcWindows, Version=23.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format.
File name: '36864 bytes loaded from AcWindows, Version=23.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' ---> System.BadImageFormatException: Bad IL format.
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.nLoadImage(Byte[] rawAssembly, Byte[] rawSymbolStore, Evidence evidence, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean fIntrospection, Boolean fSkipIntegrityCheck, SecurityContextSource securityContextSource)
   at System.Reflection.Assembly.Load(Byte[] rawAssembly)
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Ribbon.TabEvaluatorFactory.Load()
   at Autodesk.AutoCAD.Internal.Windows.RibbonContent.get_ContextualTabEvaluator()

It seems to coincide with an error in InfoCenter.log ...

21/02/2019 2:53:01 PM: Configuration Read from: C:\Users\...me...\AppData\Local\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\R23.0\enu\Support\infocenter.xml
21/02/2019 2:53:03 PM: ICommunicationCenterConnector.SubAwareServiceUrl does not contain valid URL.
 Attempting to load from registry
21/02/2019 2:53:03 PM: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80040154): Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {CEE92F99-D9C7-4E46-9AB7-E3F705B9A543} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
   at Autodesk.Private.InfoCenter.CommunicationCenter.InitCommCenter()
21/02/2019 2:53:03 PM: Error executing network check
21/02/2019 2:53:03 PM: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {9E928A7C-095E-4F44-81C5-D4F14F4F0265} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).
21/02/2019 2:53:03 PM: Error executing network check
21/02/2019 2:53:03 PM: Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {9E928A7C-095E-4F44-81C5-D4F14F4F0265} failed due to the following error: 80040154 Class not registered (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80040154 (REGDB_E_CLASSNOTREG)).

I ran the Repair / re-install etc. Disabled the error reporting as per https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-map-3d-forum/what-is-info-center-bad-url-in-xml-file/m-p/8233... Installing the latest updates didn't make a difference.

It seems to be there from the initial (very recent) install, looking at the commandline logs at %LocalAppData%\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2019\R23.0\enu

I googled the GUID from the nfoCenter.log but didn't get anything useful.

Anyone got any tips?

- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com
Message 5 of 5
CADbloke
in reply to: CADbloke

MY fix was to reset the installation as per https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to... and start again. I could import the exported Profile from the old computer so all was not lost. I think it was probably something stray that came across when I migrated my settings from an older installation on another computer.

- - - - - - -
working on all sorts of things including www.tvCAD.tv & www.CADreplace.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report