Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2018.1.1: Unreadable Image

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
adri_groeneveld
6364 Views, 10 Replies

AutoCAD 2018.1.1: Unreadable Image

I have a drawing with a raster Image reference containing a QR Code.
This example represents a geographic location.
http://chart.googleapis.com/chart?cht=qr&chs=500x500&chl=geo%3A53%2E3664860471372%2C6%2E376538258983...

This works fine until AutoCAD 18.1.1. The status of the ImageReference is Unreadable.
Can anyone tell me if this is a bug or policy?

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: adri_groeneveld

HI

Ensure SHOW IMAGE and BACKGROUND TRANSPARENCY  Option is on condition

Ensure layer of Image is turned on.

IMG IMG.PNG

Message 3 of 11
adri_groeneveld
in reply to: Anonymous

Not in 2018.1.1

GoogleChart.JPG

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

HI

Ensure Source file's image is in Model view.

If problem persists, Pls share DWG files.

Message 5 of 11

Hi @adri_groeneveld,

Perhaps I am not understanding the issue. I downloaded the PNG file from the URL you provided. I open my AutoCAD 2018.1 and use IMAGEATTACH to insert the image into my drawing. It displays fine and in the XREF Manger I can also see the path.  Is this working on your computer in the same fashion? If not, can you attach your drawing file so I can take a look?

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 6 of 11

Hi @adri_groeneveld,

I am checking back to see if my post or others helped you with your problem. Please mark a post or posts as accepted solutions if they resolved the issue or give me a bit more detail on this issue so we can continue to work towards getting this solved.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if a post or posts solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 11

Hi John,

The source of the Raster image reference is not physical on disk but refering to google charts API.

This xref was created with the AutoCAD plugin of the month  QR-Codes for Autocad of December 2010.

In the first release of AutoCAD 2018 this was no issue.

I am working with Autocad 2018.1.1 on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1.

Message 8 of 11

HI @adri_groeneveld,

The plugin I see as the most current in the Autodesk App Store is ver 1.2 and indicates that it is compatible with AutoCAD versions 2013-2015.  Which version are you running?

I did try an Imageattach in 2018.1 and provided a URL for the path. This does seem to fail and I will bring it to the attention of the team.

John Vellek

Message 9 of 11
pendean

old plug-ins features/content in older AutOCAD versions are not guaranteed to work in newer AutoCAD versions unless the author of the plug-in provides such a guarantee: sorry, you will need to find the source image or create a new one.

Be careful how and when to use plug-ins: they are not a panacea all the time
Message 10 of 11
artc2
in reply to: john.vellek

Try setting SECURELOAD to 0. In 2018.1 the GetRemoteFile functionality was changed to be controlled by SECURELOAD
Message 11 of 11
adri_groeneveld
in reply to: artc2

Thank you for the solution.

I only do not understand why that security. It works more against you than the advantage.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report