Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 Ribbon Graphics All Question Marks

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
michele336
1430 Views, 8 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 Ribbon Graphics All Question Marks

My colleague has been running AutoCAD 2017 for a few days with no issues. Suddenly today the ribbon graphics turned to all question marks. See the attached image. Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks!

-Michele

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: michele336
Message 3 of 9
michele336
in reply to: Patchy

Umm... how does one go about reinstalling Raster Design? We have Building Design Suite Premium 2017. Is Raster Design a standard part of that package? If that is less disruptive (time wise and custom setting migration wise) than uninstalling/reinstalling AutoCAD, I would rather go that route.

Thanks!

Michele

Message 4 of 9
john.vellek

Hi Michelle, It sounds like either a file has become damaged or missing, or a file path has been inadvertantly changed.

Try a Reset Settings to Default to see if that remedies the problem. Please post your results.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @michele336,

I am checking back to see if the Reset fixed the problem.

If not, then unsinstall Raster Design using the Windows Control Panel and then reinstall it. To reinstall, you proceed as is you are going to install AutoCAD 2017 but then check the components (Raster Design) that you want to install. This is also available in the Windows Control Panel for Programs. Select AutoCAD and perform the Reinstall.

I believe it will be much easier and faster through the Rest of settings to Default.

Please post your results.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 9
michele336
in reply to: john.vellek

I am now getting push-back from the computer's main user about resetting things.  She is on a deadline.  Attempting the fix will need to wait.

For additional information she just told me that this strange icon appearance on the Raster Tab started when she inadvertantly entered the DataCAD command ALT+t in to AutoCAD.  It seems the question mark icons are only appearing on the Raster Tab and all other tabs/icons appear normal.  She doesn't need any commands on the Raster Tab for her work so the matter has a low urgency.

Thanks for the ideas regarding how to fix this. I will let you know how it goes when I can get my hands on the machine.

Michele

Message 7 of 9
john.vellek

HI @michele336,

The Alt +T will display abbreviations for the Ribbon groups and should not cause the issue the user is experiencing.

A reset should fix the problem and will also allow the user to back up their custom settings. I suggest when it is convenient to go through the reset .

John Vellek

Message 8 of 9
michele336
in reply to: john.vellek

I was able to get on to the machine in question. First I did a Reset to Default and the Raster Tools Ribbon Tab disappeared.  All of the other custom settings disappeared to (as expected). When I migrated the custom settings the Raster Tools reappeared with all question marks. I then uninstalled AutoCAD 2017 and reinstalled it and told it to load the CUI when I launched the newly reinstalled program.  The Raster Tools ribbon tab was still all question marks.

I went to see what the Raster Tools icons looked like on other machines in the office, and none of the other computer have that tab.  I am guessing that is not a standard AutoCAD ribbon tab. (???) Even the computer's user doesn't know what the Raster Tools are supposed to be used for, therefore, I am thinking that I can simply delete the tab from her ribbon in the CUI and the problem will be solved.

Before I do that, I want to make sure that I have an idea where this ribbon tab came from. Is this a third party add-in, or something that comes with AutoCAD? Any other words of caution before I delete that tab?

Thanks,

Michele

Message 9 of 9
john.vellek

Hi @michele336

If the AutoCAD is part of a Suite, it likely contains Raster Design. When you reinstalled, you should have seen this as an option for installation.

I would look in Windows Control panel and remove Raster Design or do a repair on it.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta