Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 layer dialogue box, compacted unable to read

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
689 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 layer dialogue box, compacted unable to read

AutoCAD 2017 - when I select Layer Properties - the Layer Dialogue Box comes up, but I can not see the details correctly in the box (see attachment).  I have tried increasing the size of the dialogue box but the details in the box remain the same, compacted on top of each other. Sarah

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

The columns in the layers palette are similar to those in excel.  if you hover your mouse over the line between header columns it will switch to a double arrow and you can click and expand the columns.  option b: use the command CLASSICLAYER

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

Hello

Thankyou for your reply. I have tried expanding the columns, but part of the dialogue box is still overlapping. I have just noticed the same problem has come up in the Layer Settings Dialogue Box, it is also overlapping (see attached pic).

I'm working on Surface Pro 4, thinking it may be a computer graphics glitch?

Sarah   

Screenshot (625).png

Message 4 of 7
chriscowgill7373

Make sure you have update 2017.1.1 installed for hi-res monitor support.  this may still not solve it as I have noticed not all dialogs have been fixed with the update.  it has something to do with high res and using text scaling in windows

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: chriscowgill7373

I did an update 2017.1.1 installed for hi-res monitor support, and it worked perfectly!! everything is back to normal.

Thankyou so much for your help!!

Sarah

Message 6 of 7
chriscowgill7373

not a problem.  and welcome to the Forums

Message 7 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

@chriscowgill7373 is correct that you can drag the column widths to make certain ones easier to see. I suggest that you also explore a rt-click on the columns bar. You can turn on/off columns and my favorite is that you can use the Optimize All Columns.

I hope this helps.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report