AutoCAD 2017 keeps crashing with error code 0xc0000005

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
12518 Views, 6 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 keeps crashing with error code 0xc0000005

Hi there 

We are running acad 2015 and the machine keeps crashing with the error code below. Anybody come across this error and have a solution

0xc0000005

Thanks

Allan

@Anonymous, 

john.vellek has edited your subject line for clarity: ACAD 2015 keeps crashing

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I'm sorry you are experiencing this crashing with your AutoCAD 2015. is it fully up to dated?  What operating system is on your computer and is it up to date also?

I assume things have been running normally up to now. Can you check your latest Windows updates to see if some have just been installed and can be removed to fix the problem? You might also check to see if any drivers have also been updated.

When your AutoCAD crashes do you have the opportunity to submit a crash report? If so, can you send me the cer number so I can look up the crash information?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John

Thanks for the reply.

i will check into the points that you have raised, but i do know that the designer was not given the chance to send an error report. He just received a message saying AutoCad had stopped working then shut down.

I will let you know how we get on.

Thanks

Allan 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous

My Apologies John,

I have just been informed that it is actually Autocad 2017 that is running on the designers machine. I will still get the info you enquired about

Thanks

Allan

Message 5 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Do you have an update on this issue for me? I would like to get this resolved for you.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi John 

Sorry for the delay

We have uninstalled the following update

Windows 10: KB4041676 from all our machines as it stops us from running BOMs in Cadworx.

As far as i can tell Autocad 2017 is up to date on our machines too. What is the latest version?

Since restarting the program has been running ok

Thanks

Message 7 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I am glad that uninstalling the security update has restored your functionality.  I have found that the update updated one specific DLL that is causing the problem.  I am trying to determine a method to get this corrected easily.

The current updated version of AutoCAD 2017 is 2017.1.2 Update.  You can check for updates in your Autodesk Desktop App or in your Account page.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report