Did you mean: 

Autocad 2017 autoCAD error report

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
2718 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad 2017 autoCAD error report

Hi! I have recently installed autocad 2017. It worked fine for a while but then autodesk error kept showing. It works fine for few minutes and then the error shows up. This keeps repeating. I have unistalled and reinstalled autocad 2017. I have also tried multiple versions nothing works. For autocad 2017 the autocad error report shows and when I tried autocad 2016 fatal error shows. I have attached the error window below. My laptop is Hp omen nvdia GeForce GTX TI 1050 TI VERSION 398.36 I7 8th generation windows 10.

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sureshchotrani
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the community!

I see you are not using the certified graphics card, https://knowledge.autodesk.com/certified-graphics-hardware. Kindly disable the hardware acceleration and see if that helps. See help on disabling hardware acceleration https://www.redstackshop.com.au/how-to-enable-or-disable-hardware-acceleration-in-autocad

I would also apply the latest updates for AutoCAD 2017, check the Autodesk desktop for updates. 

Also, see if resetting AutoCAD helps, https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-lt/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2019/ENU/Au...

www.bim-3d-4d-5d.blogspot.com
www.bim-navisworks.blogspot.com
Twitter @SureshChotrani
Give KUDOs if happy & accept solution if post provides solution
Message 3 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Did you send in that error report? I do not see it under that email address.  if you could create the error again and submit it, you will receive a report number. I can look the report up if you share that number with me.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: sureshchotrani

I have tried turning off the acceleration option but then my autocad was working very slow and glitched. I was unable to work and hence had to switch on, I reset my autocad as well but still no luck.

i have NVIDIA Gefore 1050 Ti on i7 8th gen, with 16GB Ram which I think is pretty powerful graphics card, currently I am working with all design softwares from autodesk including 3dmax and they are working fine.

just the autocad seems to have some conflict or maybe some settings I am missing 😕

regards,

Hs

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi! @john.vellek yes, I did send a report however, I received no error number. I uninstalled 2017 and installed Auto cad 2016 hoping a different version would solve the problem but it didn't in fact I started receiving abort error window. I sent a report again and still received no error number. I also noticed that when I had my autoCAD hardware acceleration switched off I received no errors but due to it's extremely slow performance I had to switch it on which lead to the same errors. 

Message 6 of 7
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

It is strange that the error report does not seem to be generated or make it past your firewall.  Have you installed the Internet Security Hotfix?

Please check your Temp folder (%temp%) to see if a dmp or xml file is being generated.

Since hardware acceleration seems to be part of this issue, I suggest checking Nvidia's site to see if you have the most current driver installed.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

@john.vellek I installed the current driver and it seems to work fine now. I received no errors so far. Thank you.

May I know if I constantly need to update the driver in order to avoid such errors and if so how do I know if my driver needs an update?

Thank you again!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report