Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2017 and NVIDIA Quadro P5000

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Frans.Hessels
1868 Views, 2 Replies

AutoCAD 2017 and NVIDIA Quadro P5000

In my workstation I installed a NVIDIA Quadro P5000 (16 GB) today. All software is running great except AutoCAD 2017 which tells me that Hardware Acceleration is turned off. By no means it can be set to ON.

On my HP ZBook, also with a NVIDIA Quadro P5000 AutoCAD 2017 Hardware Acceleration is turned on from the beginning.

AutoCAD 2018 works on both machines with Hardware Acceleration ON.

Has someone any idea how to make AutoCAD 2017 recognize the P5000 (Autodesk curtified) as able to work with Hardware Acceleration ON?

Greetings,

Frans Hessels

(subscription owner of the Autodesk Building Suite Premium)

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
dgorsman
in reply to: Frans.Hessels

Check the driver versions between the "bad" computer and the other one which is working.  They are likely different and the first needs updating (not necessarily with a newer one, just the same as the other).

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 3
Frans.Hessels
in reply to: dgorsman

Hello dgorsman,

thank you for your reply. You have pointed me in the wright direction. The driver is the same but the Virtual Device in AutoCAD 2017 showed: software and had to show: DirectX 11.

I surged the knowledge base of Autodesk and found this: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to...

Instead of Dx9 I typed Dx11 and started AutoCAD 2017 again. The problem was solved.

Thx again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report