Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2016 No hardware acceleration with nVidia Quadro K620

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
2475 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2016 No hardware acceleration with nVidia Quadro K620

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

as we have already spent lots of time trying to fix this problem and as there's apparently no customer support hotline I'm trying to get to a solution using these forums.

The problem is missing hardware acceleration in AutoCAD. When you check the options for hardware acceleration, the on/off-button is greyed out and no options are shown beneath. Instead of DirectX 9 or 11 the upper right field for virtual devices shows "gdi12.hdi".

The software is AutoCAD 2016, the hardware is a freshly installed nVidia Quadro K620 that replaced an incompatible Quadro 580, the driver was nVidia's latest 369 that in the meantime was replaced by your latest certified 361 driver, both didn't work. The OS is Win7Pro64.

What has already been tried and didn't work:

> replaced incompatible Quadro 580 with compatible K620 -> no effect

> replaced latest driver with latest certified driver -> no effect

> installed SP1 and SP2 for AutoCAD -> no effect

> manually removed all (also hidden) graphics related drivers and did a clean reinstall of the 361 ones -> no effect

> updated and checked NetFramework -> no effect

> checked graphics functionality in OpenGL and Vulcan -> works

> removed unneccessary software (similar to TuneUp Utilities, its a customer PC) -> no effect

> checked and reinstalled DirectX9.0c, checked DirectX11 -> OK

> locally tested AutoCAD directly after booting to avoid potential hardware acceleration breaking states like switching the 2nd screen off and on, standby and so on -> no effect

> ruled out effects of remote servicing by not only using TeamViewer and RDP but also working locally at the machine -> same effect

> searched for certificate XML file with no success -> potential problem?

> checked registry for path mentioned in knowledgebase article related to certificate XML -> not present, potential problem?

As, at least in my eyes, we've already ruled out everything besides a corrupted Windows (no reinstallation yet) so I guess the only thing left to try is getting this XML file. I got no idea why its missing, the customer couldn't tell us either so we got no idea where to get it and if we can just copypaste one from another PC running nVidia and AutoCAD 2016.

I really hope you can help us. Thanks in advance.

With best regards

Hannes Wetterauer

Heubach EDV

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Check to see if Autodesk has a driver for your video card here http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?id=18844534&siteID=123112

If not, your video card manufacturer may have a newer or older driver that may help.

>>>... there's apparently no customer support hotline...<<<

You pay for support: always have, still do. Autodesk Support is explained here https://knowledge.autodesk.com/customer-service/account-management/subscription-management/support-o...

Direct support is through your paid and current/active subscription page: log in here https://manage.autodesk.com/cep/#products-services, ensure you are on the Management page, fist the SUPPORT pulldown menu at the top right of the page, select VIEW MY SUPPORT CASES, then select an option and ask. Ensure you assign a priority to your request (not everything is an emergency).

Feedback can also be sent in on the online Product Feedback form: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID=123112&id=1109794

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Hi,

I have had the same problem with Quadro K620 (greyed out etc. ...) . I installed the 377.35-quadro-K620 driver. After that I uninstalled Autocad 2017 and made a fresh install. Now it works.

But I found another very astonishing but marginal thing. The 377.35 driver crashed MS-Paint on Win 7 x64 because of a missing nViewH64.pdb file - unbelievable - ha ha ha.

Best regards

Message 4 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see there is a newer driver for your nVidia card. Perhaps that will rectify the issue.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta