Autocad 2014 not responding

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
2594 Views, 8 Replies

Autocad 2014 not responding

Hello,

i have a Autocad version 2014, and it is running great for the last year, but a few days ago it started to freeze - it is not responding after opening. I reset all the settings to default without any change. Could you help me please

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
BeKirra
in reply to: Anonymous

When it happens, is there any error messages? Have a look the text window by click "F2" key.

Any error message dialog pupping up?

Showing us your screenshot(s) would definitely help.

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 3 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> but a few days ago it started to freeze

What happened a few days ago to your system, which software, which update, which driver was installed?

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: BeKirra

It happens a few seconds after loading. Really don't know what happened, i have windows 10 - so the updates are automatic and not really visible

Message 5 of 9
BeKirra

What happens if you disconnect your network/internet?

Please mark "Accept as Solution" and "Like" if my reply resolves the issue and it will help when others need helps.
= ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ = ♪ = ♫ =
A circle is the locus of a cursor, starting and ending at the same point on a plane in model space or in layout such that its distance from a given coordinates (X,Y) is always constant.
X² + Y² = C²
Message 6 of 9
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

>> i have windows 10 - so the updates are automatic and not really visible

AutoCAD 2014 is nor designed to run on Windows 10. That is always a bit a risk using an operating system which is not listed in the system requirements of a software (>>>click<<<).

Even if Windows 10 makes it more difficult ... there are a lot of options available to avoid automatic updating. As this is the time of Windows 10 Creator update I would first look if it's now running on your system:

• Open up the run command with the keys <WIN>+<R>.
  • Type in WINVER into the run command text box and hit OK.

You might also look to the updates section in the control panel ==> software and features to see if there were updates installed.

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 9
BeKirra
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Yep, Alfred is right. Windows 10 is not listed in the AutoCAD 2014 system requirements.

And this is most likely the issue, especially when your OS installs updates regularly.

Try to roll back to previous system restore point if you really want to keep your AutoCAD 2014 working with this pc.

Otherwise, you have to upgrade AutoCAD.

HTH

X² + Y² = C²
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

Thank you for your answers, well i guess i should download a new version. So do i have to uninstall everything to download the new one?

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

okay, i found an article about that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report