Did you mean: 

Apparent Intersection Snap stops working

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Lingwisyer
657 Views, 6 Replies

Apparent Intersection Snap stops working

Hi all,

I am currently using Apparent Intersection to snap between a reference line and an xRef.

The issue is that at some unknown point, I cease being able to snap to many of these intersections. The first time it occurred was after I updated the said xRef. The second time was after I rotated it. Other Snaps continue to function. Apparent Intersection continues to function between lines drawn in the file.

I have tried the following to no success:

• Reverting it back, in the case of the rotation
  • Regen
  • Reloading the said xRef
  • Resetting all Snaps

My current fix is to remove the xRef completely then reinsert it with any associated transformations and clips...

Ling. 

Win10 | ACAD2010

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: Lingwisyer

Hi,

>> Win10 | ACAD2010

Just to Remind ... since your AutoCAD 2010 working under Windows 10  , then you have to know that AutoCAD 2010 is NOT supported on Windows 10.i'm afraid that you have to start from this point to solve your issue and maybe others that may expected appear in the near future . 

Message 3 of 7
Lingwisyer
in reply to: imadHabash

Indeed it could be due to not actually being supported, but it is the first time anything has not worked properly in 3 years, so I figured I may as well throw it out here in case that is not the cause.

Update: rotated the xRef again and it still works.

Message 4 of 7
imadHabash

would you check if you have any Z values for your CAD elements ? 

Message 5 of 7
Lingwisyer

They do have z values, hence why I am using "Apparent Intersection".

Message 6 of 7
imadHabash

would you try to change your OSOPTIONS system variable , and see if any changes ? >> Click <<

Message 7 of 7
Lingwisyer

No change with the various osoptions...

A computer with a current ACAD was free today, so I tested the file on there and could not replicate the issue, so it is most likely an ACAD2010 / Win10 conflict which has gone unnoticed by us till now...

Thanks,

Ling.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report