Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another "Error handler re-entered. Exiting now" - crash solved

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
tjarzyna
5436 Views, 3 Replies

Another "Error handler re-entered. Exiting now" - crash solved

Recently we switched from AutoCAD2014 to AutoCAD16.

A lot of users reported the above "Error handler re-entered. Exiting now" crash when opening older drawings.

After a lot of investigation, we discovered that this error only occurred on old drawings with missing or corrupt text styles.

We also discovered that those drawings could be opened with a clean AutoCAD profile without any crash.

That led to further investigations into our used company profile:

And we discovered that the profile wasn't set up correctly: the value for the "Alternate font File"

(in Option/Files/Text Editor, Dictionary and Font File Names)

was empty, not set at all, and therefore resulting in the crash.

Once the value is set, everything works fine again.

for developers,this is the value in the reg/arg.file/user profile that needs correction:

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R20.1\ACAD-F001:409\Profiles\[your Profile name]\Editor Configuration]
"EmergencyFont"=""

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: tjarzyna

Hi @tjarzyna,

Thank you for the analysis and your contribution!

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: tjarzyna

how can I go to Options ect if my newly opened autocad (not any drawing) automaticaly crash?

Message 4 of 4
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

HI @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

I am not sure that the proposed solution matches the problem you are experiencing. Can you give me more details on your situation? Is this a new install or a migrated one? Which version of AutoCAD is involved and on which operating system?  Do you have a valid Internet connection at the time you are running AutoCAD? What is the make and model of your graphics card?

Do you receive any error message when AutoCAD shuts down?

I am happy to help you with this problem. Please give me the details above and we can move this conversation to its own thread if necessary.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report

”Boost