Did you mean: 

Annotative text different Paperspace size for different viewport scales

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
todd
1318 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative text different Paperspace size for different viewport scales

Hi,

Is it possible to have a different paperspace annotative text size for different viewport scales?  What I have is a paper  text height size of 5mm & model text height of 5mm for a 1:1000 viewport, when I change the viewport scale to 1:250 the paper text size is still 5mm & the model text height changes to 1.25.  This is what I assume is the normal correct situation to have the text looking the same height when printed at both those scales.  However in this particular project, I wish to increase the text height in the 1:250 scale drawing.  Is there a way of defining either a different paper text height or different model text height for a particular scale in this case the 1:250 viewport?  Ideally I would like the text to appear 5mm at 1:1000 and 7mm at 1:250 viewport scales.  The text in question is xreferrenced into 2 different drawings, the 1st drawing has a viewport scale of 1:1000 and the 2nd drawing a viewport scale of 1:250. Thanks everyone in advance.  🙂

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Moshe-A
in reply to: todd

@todd  hi,

well one way to solved this is to set a text layer for each viewport scale and multiple these texts with the right base height\size than freeze the irrelevant text layer in each viewport.

is this the ultimate solution? of course not but in your case it solves you problem Smiley LOL

moshe

Message 3 of 4
Bob_Zurunkle
in reply to: todd

Define a different text style on a different layer for the taller one? Yes, you'd have to dimension twice, unless you copy those dimensions to the different layer and batch-change them to the different text style. Can't think of any other solution...

If by some odd chance my nattering was useful -- that's great, glad to help. But if it actually solved your issue, then please mark my solution as accepted 🙂
Message 4 of 4
todd
in reply to: Moshe-A

Thanks for the reply Moshe, great answer but I had already thought of that one.  🙂   Your solution works fine as that's what I am doing now, however I am trying to avoid having to 'duplicate' the text.  I'm starting to get the impression there's no way around it and I'll just have to have two copies of the text one for each of the two different sizes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report