Did you mean: 

Annotative Blocks not Showing up in paperspace (CANNOSCALE) wont let me set it

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
pmclean
447 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative Blocks not Showing up in paperspace (CANNOSCALE) wont let me set it

Ok, so I'm re-creating some templates. have a new one all set up and almost working. where I'm having trouble is when I insert a block into paperspace (for the legend) it wont show up unless I have ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 1. in my old version of the templates I didn't have to have that set and I need to be able to have that again. I looked at my "working correctly.dwg" and see that it has a CANNOSCALE set to 1:1000 where as my "testing2.dwg" doesn't have a CANNOSCALE set at all and it wont allow me to set one.   I'm attaching both the drawings and a block called i-mw. I need to be able to see that i-mw block in the testing2.dwg with ANNOALLVISIBLE set to 0. any help would be greatly appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: pmclean

Content in paperspace outside-of-viewports do not response to CANNOSCALE settings, they always display at 1:1. That's how AutoCAD works. Seems to be your overall issue.

Also, in testing2 file, creating a new layout seems to make your block work, but in your one layout, nothing works. Might be easier to just abandon it altogether. Quick test attached.

FYI, all of your 1:1000/1:1000m annotative scales appear to not be set correctly in any of your destination files.

Message 3 of 4
pmclean
in reply to: pendean

Thank you so much. I was confused as to why CANNOSCALE had a setting in paper space in the working drawing but wouldn’t allow anything in the testing drawing. 

what do you mean about the 1:1000 scales? I’ve never noticed them to not be set correctly.

Message 4 of 4
ChicagoLooper
in reply to: pmclean

@pmclean 

The annotative properties of your block are strange. The numerical scale of the block, the geometric size, should be constant. The yellow lines shown below should be horizontal. They're not, they criss-cross. If you don't criss-cross the lines, then the block won't have the correct appearance, e.g. 1000=>>1000 and 1:1=>>1.0.

100.png

Here's an example where the block always has scale = 1.0.

I set my Viewport at 1" = 100"

I have a block that I've inserted twice: first in modelspace and a second time in paperspace. The scale displayed in the Properties Palette is constant or 1.0 for both instances (not like the yellow above). 

The annotative scales are not.

For the block in modelspace it's 1:100.

For the block in paperspace it's 1=1.

200.png

In example above, the physical size of the blocks are indistinguishable. 

Chicagolooper

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report