Did you mean: 

Annotative block loses annotation after saving it with WBLOCK

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
akitchensZEZPR
376 Views, 3 Replies

Annotative block loses annotation after saving it with WBLOCK

I have been creating annotative blocks in a drawing and using WBLOCK to save them individually to a file so that we can insert them using a lisp command. This ONE block is giving me trouble. When I save it using WBLOCK, it loses its status as an annotative block. I even tried to save it to a file while inside Block Editor to see if that might help, but that didn't work either.

When pulling the other blocks in manually, they all come in at the annotation scale. They work perfectly.  However, when I try to pull this one in manually, it just pulls in at 1:1 and does not rescale with the drawing.

When I try to open all the other annotative blocks I've saved, I get a little popup that asks me if I want to open it inside Block Editor because they contain authoring elements. However, when I open this one, it doesn't ask me that. It just opens it directly in model space. I can't figure out what's different about this one. Can you help?

I'm including the dwg where I originally created the block (and it is showing up as an annotative block correctly.) I'm also including the GND.dwg file that was created after running WBLOCK. And also, a "test" dwg where I tried pulling it in, and it came in without annotation. (You'll notice that the Source dwg and Test dwg are different file sizes even though they both have the same 3 blocks inserted.)

akitchensZEZPR_0-1647640398607.png

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
schurthing
in reply to: akitchensZEZPR

When I inserted it from your GND.dwg file, it correctly inserted as an annotative block. I am using AutoCAD 2022.
Stefanie
crazy autocad witch since release 8 😄
Message 3 of 4
neaton
in reply to: akitchensZEZPR

When I insert GND to a new drawing it says Annotative: Yes and scales when the annotative scale changes.

When I insert it into the Block Creation TEST drawing it asks if I want to redefine it so your Block Creation drawing has an old definition of the block in it that isn't annotative.

The reason you don't get the block editor dialog is because there are no dynamic elements in the block, it is just 4 lines. Annotative and dynamic properties are 2 different things. The other blocks have block parameter/actions in them: Flip and Visibility States.

Nancy

@akitchensZEZPR wrote:

I have been creating annotative blocks in a drawing and using WBLOCK to save them individually to a file so that we can insert them using a lisp command. This ONE block is giving me trouble. When I save it using WBLOCK, it loses its status as an annotative block. I even tried to save it to a file while inside Block Editor to see if that might help, but that didn't work either.

When pulling the other blocks in manually, they all come in at the annotation scale. They work perfectly.  However, when I try to pull this one in manually, it just pulls in at 1:1 and does not rescale with the drawing.

When I try to open all the other annotative blocks I've saved, I get a little popup that asks me if I want to open it inside Block Editor because they contain authoring elements. However, when I open this one, it doesn't ask me that. It just opens it directly in model space. I can't figure out what's different about this one. Can you help?

I'm including the dwg where I originally created the block (and it is showing up as an annotative block correctly.) I'm also including the GND.dwg file that was created after running WBLOCK. And also, a "test" dwg where I tried pulling it in, and it came in without annotation. (You'll notice that the Source dwg and Test dwg are different file sizes even though they both have the same 3 blocks inserted.)

Message 4 of 4

It was still inserting a non-annotative block after purging, but I found the problem. I had an older version of GND.dwg saved in a different support folder. To fix this, I moved the new blocks folder up to the top of the list so AutoCAD would look there first when searching for GND.dwg.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta