Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Annotation Leaders

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
299 Views, 3 Replies

Annotation Leaders

Hi please help me, I am using autocad 2016 and have come across a problem.

I have annotation leaders in my model space at 1:1 scale, when in my paper space where i have set my viewport to 1:5 the annotation leaders do not show. I have had a look at the forum and followed advice that in the model space click on the annotative leader to make it 1:5 scale in the properties to match. I have done this but when in model space the text height stays at the original size(10 which is the size I want for in my paperspace), but when i click on the annotation leader it shows the text again but at a bigger size but it still in properties says the height is 10.

In paper space the text is now visible but at this larger size which I do not want, how do I make it so the annotation leaders are visible in my paper space but at the height of 10.

This is the first time I have started a drawing from scratch, I normally use a drawing from my employer and edit it after it has been created and this issue has never happened before so I think I must have set up the drawing incorrectly.

I hope this makes sense,

thank you.

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
chriscowgill7373
in reply to: Anonymous

annotation can be somewhat hard to grasp.  1:5 is not the same annotation scale as 1"=5', even if your units are feet in model and inches in paper.

Could you post the drawing, it might go quicker on getting a solution.

You want to make sure that your ANNOAUTOSCALE is set to 4 (or one of the other values that turns it on) as it will automatically apply scales to annotative objects as the drawing annotation scale changes.

Christopher T. Cowgill, P.E.

AutoCAD Certified Professional
Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2022 on Windows 10

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Message 3 of 4
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

As @chriscowgill7373, this process can be a bit daunting at first.  Please attach a sample drawing so I can look at your DIMSTYLE and at your text styles.

I am happy to help you get this up and working properly.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 4 of 4
gotphish001

Here is a thread where David_W._Koch explained how it works to me. It was the easiest explanation that I've come across. It's about dimensions but it should hold true for multileaders and other annotative stuff.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-architecture-forum/correct-set-up-to-dim-in-model-space/m-p/7... 

Nick DiPietro
Cad Manager/Monkey

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report