Adding tag to element / autolisp

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
763 Views, 3 Replies

Adding tag to element / autolisp

Hi!

Is it possible to add some tag to an element in the drawing?

For example: there is a set of lines on the same layer in the drawing . One of them is very important. I want to permanently tag it, so that i could easily identify that element (using autolisp) with other opening session of the drawing. i want this tag to be invisible in the model space. I do not want to change any properties of the elements (layers, lineweights etc.). I do not want to add any new elements to the drawing (notes, attributes etc.).

Thank you for Your help in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
АлексЮстасу
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

You can use Xdata for your task. Xdata can be attached to any graphic elements, in Xdata you can create "fields", and write to them the data you need, text and numeric. In Express tools there are teams to join and view the Xdata of graphical elements.
But these commands are not enough, and Xdata has a size limit of 16K.
AutoCAD still has Xrecord, which has no size limits. But there is no service for them.
To join and use additional information you need to look for additional programs or program yourself.
We also made their plugins ODCLASS and ODEDIT for Xrecords. Soon there will be their free versions in Autodesk App Store. But I can't publish them here.

PS

You can also" mark " the desired graphic elements with hyperlinks.

-- Alexander, private person, pacifist, english only with translator 🙂 --

Object-modeling _ odclass-odedit.com _ Help

Message 3 of 4
Moshe-A
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous hi,

you know there are some object properties without graphic representation (base on the state) like changing the ltscale to be not 1.0 if the line is contiuous by the layer or setting the object linetype to continous or changing the color to be byblock (as long this line is not in block) this way you could quickly retrieve them with QSELECT command.

and to clearfy what @АлексЮстасу meant is to express tools XDATA & XDLIST commands.

with XDATA you can add xdata field and with XDLIST you can retrieve it back but there is a drawback here, the XDLIST can select one object where QSELECT let you Select Objects and put then in current selection set.

moshe

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: АлексЮстасу

Thank You!

XData fits my needs perfectly!

Greetings.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report