Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding & Updating Blocks in Tool Palettes not Cooperating

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
sneenanKFX38
195 Views, 1 Reply

Adding & Updating Blocks in Tool Palettes not Cooperating

I've been having some frustrating issues with my tool palettes and block updates lately. I manage the block library at my job, creating dynamic blocks and everything to ease the flow of work. I created all our tool palettes and they worked great starting out, but I have since updated a few blocks and, until recently, it was working smoothly. I've tried to use redefine but it's always greyed out. I have our tool palettes pulling from separate dwg's for different blocks (electrical, cabinetry, plumbing, etc.) located in a shared drive that we all have access to at the office. All of the different dwg's are in one "Source Files" folder. Is the reason I can't update because other users are accessing the system at that time as well? Do I need to make changes and updates when everyone is logged out? I've also been having an annoying issue where the system continuously creates a "New Palette" even though I delete it daily. I delete "New Palette...atc" file from the palettes folder but it continues to appear. I also see the AcTpCatalog.atc file duplicating itself and I am unsure if that has anything to do with it as well. I've attached a screenshot of my palettes folder and what I'm seeing on my plumbing tab after trying to update blocks. Any help is greatly appreciated!

sneenanKFX38_1-1718033356857.png

sneenanKFX38_2-1718033570695.png

Labels (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
TheCADnoob
in reply to: sneenanKFX38

The files duplicating is an interesting thing. We have had similar issues but it was related to backups and online syncs. Are yall using anything like that?

CADnoob

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report