Did you mean: 

action recorded macro resets view

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
JohnC_ISM
369 Views, 5 Replies

action recorded macro resets view

i made a macro thru action recorder and when i use it, the end zips back over to where i originally made the macro. so anyway to turn this off? its not in the macro step tree so i cant delete it. 

how do i stop it from going back? or do i have to redo the macro a certain way?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dmfrazier
in reply to: JohnC_ISM

I must admit that I don't have much experience with action macros, but one way (maybe?) would be to add a View save at the beginning of the macro and then a View restore at the end.

Message 3 of 6
pendean
in reply to: JohnC_ISM

Please explain "going back" in more detail please.
Message 4 of 6
JohnC_ISM
in reply to: pendean

The view pans back to where the macro was created. Even if im at the south east end of the project and the macro was created at the north corner, then I use the macro at the southeast where im working it will do what I want but then auto pan or reset up to where it was created. Im wondering if I might have done a pan by accident in the macro and it thinks that spot is where I want to be every time I do the macro.
Im not sure but since pan isn't in the macro action list it didn't occur to me that it might record it too
Message 5 of 6

In the Manage tab, expand the Action Recorder menu for the macro you would like to edit. Right-click the name of the macro and click on Properties. In the Properties menu, make sure both of the boxes under Restore pre-playback view are unchecked.

Message 6 of 6

ahhhhh i unchecked the one but not the user input. thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta