Did you mean: 

action macro won't play a different macro from the pulldown list

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
hillary.wilmerPE3E5
513 Views, 10 Replies

action macro won't play a different macro from the pulldown list

I made a few simple Action Macros to automate some steps. I can’t figure out why my Action macros are not fulling loading.

I see them in my list when I have a drawing open but when I go to change the macro I want to use, my drawing seems unable to find the desired macro and runs the default listed macro instead.

I don’t see any issues with my file paths in the options. I open the folder and I see my .actm files.

The weird part is, I can override this flaw by switching workspaces.

If I switch to any workspace and then go back to mine I can get the pulldown menu to accept my choice action. But I have to do the switching between each macro I want to run.

Please let me know if you need any clarifying information.

I am aware of lisp routines and such but I have no idea how to create them so I am stuck with action macro for now.

Does anyone know or have suggestions on something that might be causing this problem for the action macros?

Tags (2)
Labels (1)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Any chance you can post a video of yourself in the program doing these? use this freebie if you don't have it installed yet https://knowledge.autodesk.com/community/screencast

Message 3 of 11

I spent all morning making my first screencast for this question. and I'm a bit pissed at myself for not getting it to post properly with my question. I can find the screencast and I seem to be going through the motions to post it but nothing is happening. 

Message 4 of 11

Once it is done "processing" and you can view it in your webbrowser, you should be able to just copy the be address from your browser and paste it here in a reply for everyone to access it.

HTH
Message 5 of 11
Message 6 of 11

thank you for your patients as I figure this out. I think I got it but it wasn't using the process that appear below this window. cause right below where I type this now there is a place to insert 'My Screencast' and I find it on the pulldown menu and hit insert but that seems not to be how to upload the file. functions seems as janky as the action macros...  

Message 7 of 11

Hey, the link pasting worked: thanks. I see what you mean, your action macro runs only once. To run a second action macro, you have to switch to a different workspace, then come back to your workspace.
Then repeat if you need to run an action macro a third time.
And so on.

A dumb question: if you where in any of the other workspaces only starting with the Drafting... one, can you run more than one action macro back to back?
And can you post a screenshot of your ABOUT command pop-up please?
Message 8 of 11

interesting, the macros work on the drafting workspace. someone mentioned on a different forum to look into workspace settings (WSSETTINGS). my next plan is to see if I can find anything online about this setting then mess with it to see if that setting affects my problem. the macros may not have been saved to the workspace or something like that. we'll see.
Message 9 of 11

I haven't been able to find any useful information for WSSETTINGS. I keep messing with the dialog box settings to see if something changes but I can't see any results if this setting is what affects my problem. So as of now, I don't have a solution. This problem is still valid and some other suggestions would be appreciated. I don't know if I'm one click away from a solution or if I'm going down the wrong path. 

this is the only post on knowledge.autodesk.com I could find about WSSETTINGS.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2015/ENU/AutoC...

Message 10 of 11

@hillary.wilmerPE3E5 WSSETINGS command is only a sorting tool first, sort-of autosave-a-workspace-change second, nothing more. What more are you wanting or expecting from it exactly?

All you need to use is WSSAVE command to save your active workspace after you make UI settings. It is that simple nd perhaps the only thing you need to use after adding a macro recording??
Message 11 of 11

The WSSAVE  command was not enough to fix the error. It had to have been some sort of linking issue with the changes I made to my CUI in my workspace. No matter what I did before I re-did my workspace and custom tab the WSSAVE command did not save the changes to the workspace. I ended up starting over and completely recreating the workspace and custom tab. my action macros are now working.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report