Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AcCoreConsole Plotting Civil 3D Objects

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
elitke
899 Views, 6 Replies

AcCoreConsole Plotting Civil 3D Objects

I am trying to batch plot to PDF with a script file using accoreconsole.exe and some drawings contain Civil 3D content. I have the Civil 3D object enablers installed and I've tested in 2016, 2018, and 2019 products with the same results.

The drawings plot correctly in a regular session of vanilla AutoCAD (using the same script file) but when using AcCoreConsole.exe, the C3D label content (pipe labels, general note labels, structure labels, etc.) is plotted vertically. Plain multileader objects (non-C3D) plot correct in both cases. I am plotting from paperspace, and the labels are all in modelspace. The label styles all specify that the Orientation Reference is set to View and I am using out of the box DWG to PDF.pc3.

It may be a red herring, but in testing the labels plot in the correct direction in accoreconsole if the orientation is set to portrait, but are rotated when orientation is set to landscape.

Script contents:

FILEDIA
TILEMODE
-PLOT
Yes

DWG To PDF.pc3
ANSI full bleed D (34.00 x 22.00 Inches)
Inches
Landscape
No
Extents
1:1
Yes
BW.ctb
Yes
No
No
No

No
Yes

Any insight would really be appreciated!

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
TheCADnoob
in reply to: elitke

What is your DEMANDLOAD set to?

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 3 of 7
elitke
in reply to: TheCADnoob

DEMANDLOAD is currently set to 3 and the console shows AEC Base... as loading when the drawing opens.

Message 4 of 7
pvillella-CAP

Hi Elitke,

What was the solution to your issue?

Did DEMANDLOAD help?

We are experiencing the exact same issue.

The labels plot perfectly fine if I plot from Civil 3D to DWFx.

Using accoreconsole, the labels plot but are rotated 90 or 180 degrees.

Please update this thread if you ever found an acceptable solution.

Thank you!

Message 5 of 7
elitke
in reply to: pvillella-CAP

Autodesk support was not able to provide a resolution, so they logged a change request in April. No updates or ETA as of yet, and unfortunately I wasn't able to find any acceptable workarounds. Tested in AutoCAD 2016-2021 with the same results - have my fingers crossed for a hotfix.

Message 6 of 7
pvillella-CAP

@elitke thank you so much for the quick reply!

I was afraid that might be the case. I've been working on this same issue with Autodesk Support for quite a while now and it was definitely looking like an accoreconsole issue.

I'm glad you have a ticket logged. I'll relay this back to the tech that I've been working with.

FYI, we're using AutoCAD 2020 and also have Civil 3D 2020 installed on the machine that is using accoreconsole, along with object enablers. All the Civil 3D labels plot just fine when using AutoCAD but when using the accoreconsole, they are rotated.

I'll update this thread if I discover any solutions or workarounds. We are currently having to manually publish.

Thanks again for the information!

Message 7 of 7
m_latz
in reply to: pvillella-CAP

I just read that post. And I work a lot of with the AcCoreConsole.

Is it possible to get a sample drawing, may be just with a few labels.

Thank you.

regards

Markus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report