Announcements
Due to scheduled maintenance, the Autodesk Community will be inaccessible from 10:00PM PDT on Oct 16th for approximately 1 hour. We appreciate your patience during this time.
Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACADDOC.LSP in ACAD 2017

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
3234 Views, 8 Replies

ACADDOC.LSP in ACAD 2017

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the ACADDOC.lsp file. I'm having issues with the geomarkervisibility and want to set it to startup to be 0 so it turns off automatically. I found this post which says to write it into your ACADDOC.lsp file:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/is-there-a-way-to-get-rid-of-the-geo-marker-p...

However, I cannot find this file anywhere and using (findfile "ACADDOC.lsp") returns with nil. Also cannot find the main ACAD.lsp file. Have looked in all support file paths and applicable folders.

Just wondering how to set this up and have ACAD run the lsp automatically when ACAD opens a drawing. I'd also like to include the following list into the startup lsp. I am a newbie when it comes to LSPs but use LSPs written by others frequently and have them loaded into my CUI file. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

(setvar "attdia" 1)

(setvar "cmddia" 1)

(setvar "filedia" 1)

(setvar "pickfirst" 1)

(setvar "geomarkervisibility" 0)

(setvar "selectionpreview" 3)

(setvar "highlight" 1)

(setvar "mirrtext" 0)

(setvar "visretain" 0)

(setvar "pickadd" 2)

(setvar "pickauto" 5)

(setvar "pickfirst" 1)

(setvar "sdi" 0)

(setvar "qaflags" 0)

Thanks,

Sara

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Autocad doesn't have one, you make one up and put in Support Folder where autocad has a path to it.

Message 3 of 9
hmsilva

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all,

I have a question regarding the ACADDOC.lsp file. I'm having issues with the geomarkervisibility and want to set it to startup to be 0 so it turns off automatically. I found this post which says to write it into your ACADDOC.lsp file:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-civil-3d-general/is-there-a-way-to-get-rid-of-the-geo-marker-permanently/td-p/2783702

However, I cannot find this file anywhere and using (findfile "ACADDOC.lsp") returns with nil. Also cannot find the main ACAD.lsp file. Have looked in all support file paths and applicable folders.

Just wondering how to set this up and have ACAD run the lsp automatically when ACAD opens a drawing. I'd also like to include the following list into the startup lsp. I am a newbie when it comes to LSPs but use LSPs written by others frequently and have them loaded into my CUI file. Any help or guidance would be appreciated!

(setvar "attdia" 1)

(setvar "cmddia" 1)

(setvar "filedia" 1)

(setvar "pickfirst" 1)

(setvar "geomarkervisibility" 0)

(setvar "selectionpreview" 3)

(setvar "highlight" 1)

(setvar "mirrtext" 0)

(setvar "visretain" 0)

(setvar "pickadd" 2)

(setvar "pickauto" 5)

(setvar "pickfirst" 1)

(setvar "sdi" 0)

(setvar "qaflags" 0)

Thanks,

Sara

Hi Sara,

acad.lsp and acaddoc.lsp, are not file from AutoCAD, are files created by the user...

EDIT:too slow...

Hope this helps,
Henrique

EESignature

Message 4 of 9
john.vellek

Hi Sara,

Perhaps this file will get you started. It simply needs to be placed in your support (trusted) path.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Alternatively, since you are only changing variables you could use the SYSVARMONITOR feature.

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Thanks chauhuh. The problem with that is that the geomarkervisibility is saved per drawing and not systemwide. I have it turned off for new drawings but it doesn't change existing drawings so I'd like it to run when opening the drawing so it turns it off.

http://help.autodesk.com/view/ACD/2017/ENU/?guid=GUID-24FF3B38-8A3E-428E-8AD4-E1182149489A

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

Ah well then acaddoc.lsp is your best bet. You should just be able to copy what you have and put it in the file.

Just make sure it is in your support path.

Thanks.

Message 8 of 9
john.vellek

Hi SFronius,

I am checking back to see if my post with the attached acaddoc.lsp helped you with your problem. Please add a post with your results so other Forum users can benefit.

Please hit the Accept as Solution button if my post fully solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John! I added it to my support file search path and loaded it into my CUI file. I tested it with a drawing that had the geomarkervisibility set at 1, and added the LSP and restarted AutoCAD. When I opened up the aforementioned drawing it was gone. Thank you so much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report