Did you mean: 

SAVE AS

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
444 Views, 7 Replies

SAVE AS

DEAR SIR/MADAM

I want to ask you something about save as. General ,If we drawing a draw and we want to happen automatically save without to press the button

ice_screenshot_20160509-124348.png what settings we should make ?

In addition is there setting in order to save the drawing every 30 second or 40 second (with other words is there automatically setting  the less than a minute?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
JDMather
in reply to: Anonymous

@Anonymous wrote:

.... is there setting in order to save the drawing every 30 second or 40 second 

Do you really work that fast?

I am going to recommend (based on more than 25 yrs of experience) that you take over control of saving.

In my experience, those who expect the computer to save for them - end up losing more work than any other users.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Autodesk Inventor 2019 Certified Professional
Autodesk AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
Certified SolidWorks Professional

Message 3 of 8
rkmcswain

There is no automatic save function, at least in the way you are wishing (The "Autosave" function that AutoCAD does have -- makes a *copy* of the drawing, and it gets *deleted* when you exit AutoCAD)

I suppose you could write a custom routine to do what you want, but why?
Just press Ctrl+S when you want to save - you can do it every 5 seconds if you wish.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 8
TheCADnoob

You could probably achieve this with some scripting. 

(http://forums.augi.com/archive/index.php/t-27428.html) Saves every 10 commands

(https://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=4735.0) saves at a time interval. you can manual set the time interval. 

I would listen to the warnings of individuals who indicate that this may not be a good idea and consider what they are telling you. If you are working in a system that makes this necessary it might be work looking into addressing the problem another way. 

CADnoob

EESignature

Message 5 of 8
dbroad

savetime

autosave

Don't set savetime to less than 5 minutes.  The drawing will not actually be saved on a permanent basis.  It just makes a temporary copy in case your computer loses power or a catastrophic error happens. This copy can be found in your %temp% folder by default.

It is possible to set up a timed save reactor but I strongly discourage that and will not demonstrate.  As @JDMather says, you should take control over save points.  Time saves can actually destroy your drawing if you made a mistake just before a save.

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

i want to ask you something ,if i choose  ice_screenshot_20160515-134932.png to save my drawings ,because it is easy maner for me will be mistake or my drawings can not be saving?

ice_screenshot_20160515-134754.png

Message 7 of 8
Kent1Cooper

@Anonymous wrote:

....if i choose  ice_screenshot_20160515-134932.png to save my drawings ,because it is easy maner for me will be mistake or my drawings can not be saving?

Read the beginning of Post 3 again.

Kent Cooper, AIA
Message 8 of 8
pendean

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report