Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACAD 2017/2016/2015 RCS Points : SNAP to NODE with Offset ?

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
braudpat
1381 Views, 12 Replies

ACAD 2017/2016/2015 RCS Points : SNAP to NODE with Offset ?

Hello 

1) Maybe I a tired today !? 

2) With ACAD 2017/2016/2015 and with ACAD MAP 2017/2016/2015, when I try 
to Snap to the RCS Points (NODE option): I have a SIGNIFICANT Offset on the Screen 
between the Real XYZ Point (coming from RCS) and the cursor !!
... F4 is ON with ONLY the NODE option for Cloud Points and the same for 3D Points ...

... The 3D points SNAP is ON / OFF doesn't make any difference ...

3) With ACAD 2014 and with ACAD MAP 2014 : no problem !

4) I have tested on 3 differents PCs with 3 differents graphic cards ...

5) Please find the DWGs and the "TEST.rcs" files attached ... The RCS file seems to be a Fence ...

Thanks in advance for your help, Regards, Patrice

Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
john.vellek
in reply to: braudpat

Hi @braudpat,

This is really strange but I can't duplicate the issue! I opened DWG_MAP2014.dwg in AutoCAD 2014 and it behaves as expected. I then tried the DWG_MAP2016.dwg in AutoCAD 2017 and it too works fine.

Can you take a screenshot of each of your OSNAP setting windows to make sure that I haven't missed something? I am running a nVidia Quadro K2100M.

If you could also prepare a Screencast video of the steps you are going through to see the issue that might help me too. I confess that I haven't worked much with point clouds but this seems pretty basic so I am not sure why my results are different than yours.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 13
braudpat
in reply to: john.vellek

Hello John

For example ...

Regards, Patrice

If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 4 of 13
john.vellek

Hi Patrice, I see what you are saying but I can't get it to do it on my side. Hmmmm.

I think I have all my settings set to match yours so I am at a loss on what else might be different.

This is the only AKN Article I have found that seems to be related but it doesn't explain why you see it and i don't.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 5 of 13
braudpat

Hello John

1) An other sample on an other PC with MAP 2017 ... F4 = ON and Node option ONLY ...

2) I have tried with or without F3 : no difference

3) I have even tried to insert NEAR 0,0 : no difference for me !

Regards, Patrice

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 6 of 13
john.vellek

Patrice, With your permission, I would like to move this to the MAP forum to see if you can get better suggestions than I can offer here. I am also going to try getting this in front of another tech to see if they can duplicate.

John Vellek

Message 7 of 13
braudpat

Hello John

1) As you wish !

2) But remember that I get the same problem with ACAD 2017/2016/2015 ... and NOT with ACAD 2014 !

My froggy Idea : Maybe a very subtil Direct X11 problem and/or PLUS a problem with BIG coordinates

3) Maybe a few friends can test on their PCs with different hardware ?

Regards, Patrice "The Froggy"

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 8 of 13
john.vellek

Hi Patrice - I will leave the thread here for a bit. I do have some others testing the issue on their computers to see if they too can see the issue.

When you tested on different computers, did they have different OS, graphics cards, drivers etc? Or, were they all the same?

John Vellek

Message 9 of 13
braudpat

Hello

Patrice & John : very OLD Users of AutoCAD, isn't it ??

1) Differents PCs with different hardware and different graphic cards but ALL with Seven Pro x64

2) I can do a test with a Win 10 PC, but not immediately ... Maybe tomorrow !?

Thanks for your effort, Regards, Patrice

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 10 of 13
john.vellek

HI braudpat,

As I noted in a previous post in this thread, this is a known defect as described my linked article. Apparently the problem has existed for a while. The article describes steps such as reducing the point cloud density and keeping everything close to 0,0 in order to minimize the impact.

Thank you for your contribution.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Message 11 of 13
braudpat

Hello John

SORRY but when I insert the RCS file at -285000 , -5100000 : ALL the RCS file is NEAR from Zero,Zero

and with ACAD 2016 & MAP 2016 / ACAD2017 & MAP 2017, I ALWAYS have the same problem !

So look at the 2 Images ... And I attach also my special DWG (with RCS NEAR Zero,Zero)

Please have you the SAME bug on some of yours PCs !?

------------------

NOTE: you KNOW that working with cloud XYZ points inside ACAD is very important for many customers (Not ONLY French) !? ... Some french customers are looking for other products ...

------------------

Regards, Patrice

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 12 of 13
john.vellek

Hi Pat, 

Yes, some of the workstations I tried this on exhibited the problem. Since it is in AutoCAD, it will also appear in verticals such as Map and Civil 3D.

As I noted previously, this is a documented defect.

John Vellek

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

I am facing the same issues. I have 2 different .rcp files, one is truncated, and the other it is not. The same issue show up on both? How do I solve this?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report