Did you mean: 

A real beginners question

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
408 Views, 5 Replies

A real beginners question

During my bachelor studies I never got the change to really invest time in programs like autocad (i did work with sketchup). Now during my work i get asked a lot of random questions for little jobs, and i absolutely love it! 

I installed autocad yesterday with the idea to get the black and white picture, to look like the coloured picture. Could anyone tell me if autocad is the right program to do this? (i have the black white in .dwg format) If it is possible to do i atleast know this so i will invest some time in it.

Thank you

Schermafbeelding 2021-08-30 om 18.00.55.pngSchermafbeelding 2021-08-30 om 17.58.16.png

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Use bhatch command.

When plot, use  .ctb

Message 3 of 6
Valentin-WSP

@Anonymous ,

Welcome to the AutoCAD forum.

AutoCAD is the right software for this.  Just select acad.ctb for color, or monochrome.ctb for black and white.

Note you can customize your own by clicking on New... .

Just additional information:

ValentinWSP_0-1630340693310.png

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 4 of 6
nrz13

Yes, as already stated by others.  When you are doing the gradient on the trees per the drawing you shared, be sure to check out the "Gradient" tab in the HATCH command.  I recommend using gradients on water as well.  You can assign transparency to the trees layer (or by object) to get the semi-transparent trees shown in the drawing.

Gradient.png

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous

Thank you guys so much, everything is getting pretty well along.

One really, really frustrating point is the fact that it's keeps crashing once i try to colour certain streets and i have absolutely no idea why..

Message 6 of 6
Patchy

Try Audit, and PURGE commands

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta