Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3DCLIP and Rendering

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
204 Views, 1 Reply

3DCLIP and Rendering

I am an Architect creating elevation shadow diagrams of buildings.  The purpose is to see what shadows are cast by a building I am designing onto the adjoining building.

In AutoCAD version 2015 I could use the 3DCLIP command in a Paperspace Layout with the front clipping plane located between the building I am designing and the adjoining building.

My building would still cast shadows on the adjoining building even though it was not visible in the model (behind in front of the clipping plane).

In AutoCAD version 2017 my building does not cast shadows...only objects behind the clipping plane do.

Is there a setting that can be changed to revert to the 2015 system?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Tfad,

Have you tried using Live Sectioning or the Section command? This might work better for you.  Here is an article for you to review. If you would like to attach a sample model I am happy to make suggestions.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta