3D stl export problem

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
870 Views, 2 Replies

3D stl export problem

Hello everyone,

At first I would like to ensure you that I did some research and I am not just asking and not trying to figure this out by myself, but I am trully desperate now.

I am currently trying to export a .stl file from my .dwg. The object in this file is a 3D model of a floor of a building. I created this 3D object from a 2D .dwg file and added some basic things (e.g. doors, windows, floor and ceiling). 

In CAD everything seems OK for me. The problem occures when i try to export this object to .stl file. I always get an error message saying something like this: "The Boolean operation on solid and/or surface bodies failed." or "Coincident face_face_ints with different body vertices." or "Inconsistent containment of intersection curve."

I found out, that these errors are caused by very small vedges or ledges between two surfaces. I guess that this is possibly my problem, but I have no idea how to deal with it. Some advices say, that i should use "AMSTITCH" or "UNION" to these surfaces and somehow put them together. 

I also found out that the problem is between the walls and the ceiling and floor.

I acctualy have absolutely no experience with AutoCAD and this is my first and definitely last project. I would really appreciate your help and any kind of suggestions. 

The file is attached, so you can see it.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Patchy
in reply to: Anonymous

Move the wall to the same point with the floor and it'll STL fine.

view.JPGCapture.JPG

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Patchy

Thanks Patchy. I didn't know there is such a tool as Meshmixer. I was finally able to see exactly where the issues are. I knew there has to be something wrong with it, but i couldnt find the exact spot.

Thank you again. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report