Did you mean: 

3D Modeling: Hydraulic Hose

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3107 Views, 4 Replies

3D Modeling: Hydraulic Hose

I am using AutoCAD 2014. I'm looking for a way to create flexible hydraulic hose. This hose will not need to be modified once it is made.

I'm aware there is a useful tool which accomplishes this in Inventor Professional; however we have Inventor Fusion 2013 R1 so I don't believe this is available.

Has anyone found a way to neatly model bent hose in 3D? I see there are many apps for AutoCAD; perhaps there is one that I have overlooked which will accomplish this? If not, there must be some way to do it using fairly basic commands. Any insight is appreciated - thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jonathan3891
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you looked into the sweep command?

Jonathan Norton
Blog | Linkedin
Message 3 of 5
drjohn

Bare bones method:

Draw a pline from point A to point B ... curvy if you want ....  align a circle on one end of the pline and extrude the circle.

Do a visual style of some kind to verify the completeness of the tube.

Regards,

DJ

PS ... if you want the tube hollow for some reason, make a copy of the pline befor you extrude, make a circle inside the circle (at the wall thickness you need) to extrude and extrude that second circle and subtract it from the original extruded circle.

DJ

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Yes, I have been using 2d pline and sweep for creating bent tube and it woks quite well despite limitations to the 2d drawing plane. I simply draw in segments and use union, and it works quite well. However my problem now is that the bent hose will not be so simple - as in, the end  XYZ coordinates will all be different than the beginning XYZ coordinates. If I'm not mistaken, you can't sweep through a 3D polyline, else I would use that as the path. Maybe if I converted the 3d polyline to a spline somehow? I feel like by now someone would have made an app..

Message 5 of 5
nrz13

m.maier:

You can create a 3-dimensional spline and then use PEDIT to convert the spline into a polyline.  You should be able to extrude the circle along the path of that newly-converted polyline.

I've attached a sample of doing just that.

Work:  AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-8700K, 32GB RAM, Samsung 960 Pro SSD, AMD Radeon Pro WX 5100, 3 Dell Monitors (3840x2160)
Home: AutoCAD 2022.1.3, Windows 10 Pro v22H2 64-bit, Intel Core i7-11700, 64GB RAM, Samsung 980 Pro SSD, NVIDIA Quadro P2200, Dell Monitor (3840x2160)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

AutoCAD Inside the Factory

Autodesk Design & Make Report