Community
AutoCAD Forum
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2025 - Unable to select a wblock after inserting unless zoomed out.

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
steve_lindley
306 Views, 2 Replies

2025 - Unable to select a wblock after inserting unless zoomed out.

Hi,

In an office of five users, two of us have just upgraded from 2024 to 2025. Both of the users that have upgraded have got the same issue.

Process is, open an existing dwg. Insert a wblock.

Try to select the block - by any option - the command line says '0 found'. Hence we're unable to move, scale, explode, etc.

There were no errors reported when migrating settings. I've been through the Options for selection and tried different options there but with the same results.

However, if I place the block well away from the original drawing, zoom right out and try to select, it does find it. The block highlights and I can see the grips, so then I can explode and move. However, if I zoom back in, I can't select it again. If I zoom out on the block, I can select it.

To be clear about this problem, I have to zoom out far enough that I can barely make out what it is. Since I need to explode and then only select component parts from it, when zoomed right out, this task is impossible.

My colleagues on 2023 and 20224 don't have this problem at all. Is it a bug, or a settings issue?

Many thanks

Steve

Tags (2)
Labels (2)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

@steve_lindley ,

Consider changing your DirectX:

Please select the "Accept as Solution" button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

Emilio Valentin
Message 3 of 3

@Valentin-WSP That solves it! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta