Did you mean: 

2019 False flag of Student version

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
zenkai
615 Views, 10 Replies

2019 False flag of Student version

Recently upgraded to AutoCAD 2019 and some of our drawings are falsely flagged as student versions.  This is an impossible situation, I set up the Engineering dept. at our company 12 years ago, every version of autocad has been full, we do not import outside data.

I can start a new drawing, copy all the data from the false flagged drawings and not get the error.  This is a bug

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
cadffm
in reply to: zenkai

Your statement is wrong (sorry to say, but i am sure. You started with a student file or imported data from there) .

Only exception: If your files between begin and now saved by an non-AutoDesk product,

because some other software products save files with that wrong information (Student version).

If that whould be an official support case, i whould ask as first for files that you never saved in 2018/2019.

What was you LAST version?

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 3 of 11
zenkai
in reply to: cadffm

it isn't wrong, like I said I have been here since the start, we don't import data.  We use AutoCAD as a glorified sketchpad for sales drawings, we do our productions drawings in 3D.  

Like I said I can take all the blocks and data from a flagged drawing and put it in a new drawing and it won't be flagged.  It just seems to be random on what it wants to flag and when it wants to flag.  One drawing wasn't even flagged until the next day, one is a new drawing that was created in 2019!. 

It's ok, it seems I won't find any help here, I will just go back to 2018 and use the dozens of free sketch 2D programs out there.  I have been using AutoCAD since R12, time to retire it. 

Message 4 of 11
cadffm

> "Like I said I can take all the blocks and data from a flagged drawing and put it in a new drawing and it won't be flagged."
Thats normal (since 2019, non education version)

> "It just seems to be random on what it wants to flag and when it wants to flag. "
You will find "the rule"earlier or later (hopefuly)

> "One drawing wasn't even flagged until the next day"
Ok, this sounds strange

> "one is a new drawing that was created in 2019!. "
In a foreign (your!) system already possible, because it could be due to a user adjustment, this possibility I(!) can not exclude.
(Yes, you want to exclude it and for you you can do that, but I have to realistically consider this possibility)

>"It's ok, it seems I won't find any help here,"
?
First, someone has already taken care of your problem, with the support one always starts from the normal case,
or from well-known special cases. I do not know any known special cases, not 100% sure documented cases
(except the mentioned external program, which you can exclude).

and for another:
You realize that you are not here with the Autodesk support, but in the user forum?
Strange reaction for a person seeking help - I do not care which program you will use 😉

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 5 of 11
zenkai
in reply to: cadffm

My statement was in general, reading the forums there is very little helpful replies.  Your is one of many, I have a problem with people wasting my time, as my time is valuable.   If you don't know the solution don't reply.

Message 6 of 11
pendean

Read this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMtC_S8v4Kg and https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad/learn-explore/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/FAQ-Rein...

Note: if your files where saved in non-Autodesk software the EDU flag also appears in 2019 too.

Good luck.

Message 7 of 11
zenkai
in reply to: pendean

Thank you, this could be the possibility since we use PDM, but it doesn't happen all the time.

Message 8 of 11
cadffm

In support cases you have to find the problem first (make sure what is the problem),

and THEN you can search a solution. Without a problem you don't need a solution.

You started your thread like 1000 other users before too,

a) there comes a flag in 2019,

b) we use(d) no education versions

c) we never copied from them

For other peoples then yourself there isn't any difference to the 999other posts,

and in 99.9% of cases it is completely normal behavior, comprehensible from a technical point of view.

If you are not yourself but a stranger and the chance for the statement is 99.9% to 0.1%, would you

first check for the 99.9% or go straight out of the 0.1%?  - then you probably think of UFOs at a light tail.

It is a very normal approach to problem. Exclude the 99.9% first,  then consider the last very rare possibility.

Apart from the mentioned exception (DWG external program), I first had a verifiable case, but this was a wanton change of the file data from outside, so again not by AutoDesk software itself)

Do you have an example now of files that have not been saved in 2019 and the student information is displayed?
Or a file that was last saved in 2019, but the * .bak file from version 2015-2018 still exists?

Something as described by you (not file-dependent, today there - not tomorrow) I do not know
at least no provable cases that can not be explained.

I like to help, but with just your words it isn't possible (for me).

Sebastian

EESignature

Message 9 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

@pendean 

I have no idea what 3D-PDF creation video has to do with that ticket ... what did I miss?

@zenkai 

>> as my time is valuable

One guy tried to help you to isolate the source of the problem, your wording sounds like his time is not valuable, do you think that is fair, really?

And now "ah, we use PDM" ... would have helped to help you! 😉

SCNR ... Just my statement for time wasting: the better the description of the issue and the environment the higher the chance to get valuable suggestions (and so solutions)!

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 11
pendean
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

@ Alfred.NESWADBA old copy/paste from another topic, sorry about that.
Message 11 of 11
Alfred.NESWADBA

Hi,

thank you for clarification!

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024

(not an Autodesk consultant)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

AutoCAD Beta