2018 add/delete scales popup bos missing in action

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
932 Views, 6 Replies

2018 add/delete scales popup bos missing in action

3-27-18

Everything was going along just fine.  Then suddenly I can't edit the scales in my mtext, multileaders, etc.

No matter how I try to get there, it will not come up.

I can select the text, but when I click to edit the scales (properties), it just dings at me, until I cancel out of the command.

If I go to annotate tab and pick the add/delete scales button, it says select object.  I select, hit return and commend ends.

I have been looking at setting and system variable, but no luck.

Searched here, but no luck, yet.

Any fixes out there?

Thanks,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

I see that you are visiting as a new member to the AutoCAD forum. Welcome to the Autodesk Community!

Are your styles Annotative?  I would like to examine your drawing (or a sample) if you can attach one to a post.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Yes, the styles are annotative.  This is happening in multiple files, not just one.  It is an ACAD setting issue, not a file issue.

I am an ACAD veteran.  Been working in ACAD since version 1 (in DOS).  Have grown and learned along with it.

Currently running ACAD 2018.  Also Revit 2018.

Message 4 of 7
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Have you tried using OBJECTSCALE?

If you would like to use the System Variable tool in Express Tools to send me your settings I am happy to compare with my own.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 7
cadffm

I am not sure, but you only talking about a dialog which is outside your monitor display area, or?

Test it with a visible dialog, for example start RENAME

The press [ALT]+[SPACE] then [M], now hit an arrow key like left or right arrow (not from the numpad), NOW the dialog hangs on the cursor

and you can move them with your mouse back to the visible screen (move mouse, without hit any key).

Now you can try it with the annoscale command.

?

Sebastian

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: cadffm

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.  Turns out the box was off the visible area.

I had gone thru ACAD help, but never found a solution for this issue.

The alt-space-m worked and I got it back on the screen.

All is good.

Thanks CADffm

Message 7 of 7
FUS12WKD5
in reply to: cadffm

The method is very nice! I retrieved the dialog box through this method.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report