2 design question

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
403 Views, 2 Replies

2 design question

DEAR SIR /MADAM

I WANT TO ASK YOU SOMETHING about an autocad exersice.

The video that i made upload ,i want to create the shape that you see in the screenshot.

In the example 3 when i use the command presspull in order to create the shape that i want ,i choose the small circle and after the big circle but i have not the resault that i want.After in the example 4 when i choose the area between 2 circles i have the property resault.

Why happen this,with the command presspul?

In addition when i used the command extrude in the 1 example i have the same the resault when i used the command presspul in the example 3,after when i used the command extrude again and i choosen the area between 2 curcles ,the command extrude choosen the big circle and when i repeat the same progressive the command does not choose the area between 2 circles.(is this a difference between command presspul and command extrude?)

and who are differences between command presspul and commnand extrude?

when i saw the shape i tried to create with the command extrude and somewhere i confused so  i used the command presspull but i had the same resault with the command extrude 1 and example 3.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Alfred.NESWADBA
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

first at all: turn off your hardware acceleration. That the highlight of objects when the cursor is over them, appears with a distance to the object itself, seems to depend on old or invalid graphik card drivers (or upload the driver)

>> Why happen this,with the command presspul?

That's how the _PRESSPULL command is build, either to select an object to extrude or to select an area to extrude, so the command recognizes outer and inner borders to be used in the same way e.g. the _HATCH command is working.

And yes, the command _EXTRUDE can't do the same like _PRESSPULL (it's only object based and can not search it's outer and inner contours)

A tip: you can always start a command and then press <F1> ... very detailed description for each command.

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
ISH-Solutions GmbH / Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS
www.ish-solutions.at ... blog.ish-solutions.at ... LinkedIn ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 3 of 3
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi aliki,

usually PRESSPULL behavior responds to the type of object you select to create extrusions and offsets so this explain the differents results you have.otherwise EXTRUDE command Creates a 3D solid from an object that encloses an area, or a 3D surface from an object with open ends.

NOTE:

you can read from HELP(F1) regarding previous commands.

Good Luck..

Imad Habash

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Forma Design Contest

Autodesk Design & Make Report