AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to export sheets as PDF

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
Anonymous
770 Views, 10 Replies

Unable to export sheets as PDF

Hi,

I'm relatively new to AutoCAD so it's possible I'm making a simple mistake. I have a number of sheets (Image 1) that I am trying to batch plot to PDF but whenever I try this the export is a series of entirely blank pages (Image 2).

Image 1

Image 1.png

Image 2

Image 2.png

I have tried to change the "Plot style" in the Plot menu as there is a ! next to the chosen style, but whenever I change this to any other of the options and return to the sheet everything disappears. (Image 3)

Image 3

Image 3.png

If I un-tick "Print with plot styles" (Image 4) this partially fixes the problem for the sheet in question (although my View Port is entirely missing in the export) and the others in the batch remain entirely blank (Image 5).  

I hope this makes sense! I've tried looking round the forum but I seem to have ended up a bit stuck for ideas!

Image 4

Image 4.png

 Image 5

Image 5.png

Labels (4)
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Message 3 of 11
elzohry2007

install any printer pdf like
Pdf xchange
Pdf pro
Adobe Acrobate writer
use it to print
the print PDF

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If the above reply answers your question; Please mark it with ACCEPT SOLUTION
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hosam Elzohry , ACI , ACP, Autodesk Ambassador Gold
BIM Manager
https://www.youracclaim.com/users/hosam-elzohry/badges

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous

As you are working on a Mac, you may have better luck in the >AutoCAD for Mac Forum<

My knowledge of Mac ACAD is so far out of date I'm afraid I can't be of any further help.

Message 5 of 11
maxim_k

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi @Anonymous ,

Please specify your AutoCAD version and macOS version installed on your Mac

If you are sure you have all Update installed to AutoCAD, you may need to go through all Layouts (Sheets) and verify Page Setup in them with Page Setup manager.

Verify that Layouts have correct paper size and "what to plot" option assigned.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous

Thanks for your reply @maxim_k I'm using AutoCAD for Mac version S.50.M.899 and running macOS 11.2.3 (20D91).

As far as I can see all updates are installed. 

I have also ensured that everything in the page setup manager is correct. 

The most stable way of producing a semi-working PDF is using the print option and then printing to a PDF generator, but even then the view port doesn't show up on the print/pdf (even though it does show in the preview window however) see attached images...

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 02.49.44.png

Screenshot 2021-04-14 at 02.49.53.png

  

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: elzohry2007

Thanks for your help, but unfortunately even using this method the viewport cannot be seen. (See latest post in thread)
Message 8 of 11
maxim_k

Hi Chris,

Do you have Xrefs in the Model space? If yes - verify that they are on printable layer.
Can you share your drawing here? I can look at it.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for your reply!

I'm not aware of there being any, but I'm somewhat of a newbie to AutoCAD so I may be wrong. I have attached the drawing with relevant sheets to this message, if you wouldn't mind taking a look that would be massively appreciated!

(I should also clarify, the contents of the document are for a university project and as such are fictional, I have no links to any of the organisations or projects listed in the document!)

Many thanks for your help!

Chris

Message 10 of 11
maxim_k

Hi Chris,

1/ The layer with geometry - Vehicle - inside viewport is marked as "Not printable" on Layers palette. This is how it looks in Model space:

2021-04-27_10-22-59.png

You have to turn on Print property for this layer.

2/ In Layout you have the following Page setup:

2021-04-27_10-37-05.png

You selected "Extents" for "What to print" option.

But look at your Layout after using ZOOM -> Extents command:

2021-04-27_10-32-57.png

Looks like you have extra objects in all Layouts, so when AutoCAD saves to PDF to A4 sheet at 1:1 scale, the entire contents of the Layout simply doesn't fit on A4 sheet.

So you have erase extra objects from all Layouts or reconfigure Page setup - What to print - to "Window".

Or even better - to "Layout", but in this case, you will also need to move the contents of the Layout to new place.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 11 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

Thanks very much for that very helpful reply and your assistance with this issue!

For some reason the column with the printing status in the layers palette wasn't showing, but all sorted now!

Thanks again,

Chris

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report