AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rotate a drawing in model space

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
JEFFJW9BB
224 Views, 4 Replies

Rotate a drawing in model space

I received a drawing from a surveyor and I want to work on the building plan which is not square to paper space.  How can I rotate the entire site plan so that the building plan is square so I can work on it "normally"

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pendean
in reply to: JEFFJW9BB

May I ask, why don't you just XREF the surveyor's file in your DWG file, then rotate the XREF in your file to match your model? ROTATE command or ALIGN command can be used.

Or if you really and truly must work in someone else' DWG file with all of their settings.... UCS command is how model space content is rotated: you want to set PLAN to "current UCS" afterwards https://help.autodesk.com/view/ACDLTM/2023/ENU/?guid=GUID-BAF31027-04B3-45BC-832B-074865CE8749
and online tutorial https://autocadtips1.com/2011/02/22/rotating-your-ucs/
Message 3 of 5
JEFFJW9BB
in reply to: pendean

Thank you for your help.

I tried to xref the drawing into a few of my templates but it does not arrive.  They survey is decimal.  My templates are decimal.  I don't understand why not. Could he have some kind of lock on it that prevents being x ref'd?

Message 4 of 5
pendean
in reply to: JEFFJW9BB

@JEFFJW9BB Perhaps in your DWG file the content is "over here", but the XREF when attached is "WAY OVER THERE FAR FAR AWAY" from your own content and a Zoom Extents is likely yo help find both and figure it out?

Just ensure all layers are on/thawed/unlocked first.

HTH
Message 5 of 5
JEFFJW9BB
in reply to: pendean

Brilliant! Thank you.

I Zoomed Extents, "found" the drawing then with the align tool It is now rotated the way I want.

Thank you again.

Jeff

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report