AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems converting a PDF of a scan into a DWG file [AutoCAD for Mac]

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
brendaK9ZK
338 Views, 3 Replies

Problems converting a PDF of a scan into a DWG file [AutoCAD for Mac]

I have a set of prints from a customer I want to use the back ground for new drawings.  They had a copy of scanned PDFs.  when I open in AutoCad, nothing comes up.  Any suggestions on different ways to get this to load?  They are detailed drawings so creating from scratch would not be optimal.

thank you

cheers,
Brenda and Joe

The topic title has been edited to improve findability by @alina.balkanskaia.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
pendean
in reply to: brendaK9ZK

AutoCAD does not convert scans, regardless of what format they were saved in.

You will need to purchase a 3rd party program that can convert scans to DXF or DWG files, lots of them out there, try before you buy.

There are also low cost services that manually recreate your sheets as DWG files, it depends on how important a project this is to you all.

HTH
Message 3 of 4
brendaK9ZK
in reply to: pendean

Thank you.  I'll look into the 3rd party apps

cheers,

Brenda

Message 4 of 4

Hello, @brendaK9ZK! Thank you for posting in Autodesk Community! I just accepted your post's answer by @pendean as a solution, knowing that it's an appropriate answer that will save other users time. In the future, you may also click the "Solution" button when appropriate so that other users can benefit from this information. 

Alina Balkanskaia
Community Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report