AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plot Error in AutoCAD 2015 for Mac

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
371 Views, 6 Replies

Plot Error in AutoCAD 2015 for Mac

Hello,

Last weekend I updated my AutoCAD that was the 2014, for the new 2015 for Mac, mainly because of a error that closed the AutoCAD repently and many times, and because I'm using Yosemite (2014 wasn't made for it). I have now installed the 2015 version with the update 2.

But now I've find another error that keeps anoying me: when I plot the drawings, the PDF is created with strang a error, you can see in the attached images. I have already tried to use Adobe to read it, print as PDF, and many others ways, but no one solved it. I've noticed that this only happens with the HIDDEN visual style (now I'm using the 2D Wireframe with Hide option, but it doesn't have the same quality as before).

Anyone can help me to find why is this happening?

Below, first how it's ploting (Hidden style), second how it should plot (2D Wireframe with hide option style).

How it is (Hidden style)

How it should be (2D Wireframe style)

OBS.: Just for you to know, the first error was solved activating the OpenGL Core Profile, not updating to the 2015 in real. I found this on google and it's a problem with the Macs with Intel HD Graphics 3000, that's my case.

OBS.: If I wrote anything wrong, sorry, I'm brazilian.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

I think the issue could be cased by your hardware, but I'm not sure.
Can you attach the problem drawing here, I can try to test it on my Mac and will report the results.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you for your answer Maxim.

It's not a problem in a specific drawing, it's happening with all my drawings in 3D. I've tried to plot on a PC with AutoCAD 2013 and it works normally.

I think that it also isn't a problem of hardware, as I could plot normally in the 2014 version, but just for your knowledge, I use an Early 2011 MacBook Pro, with 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4GB of RAM and Intel HD Graphics 3000.

In my opnion, it can be a setting or something that's new on the 2015 version. If it was the hardware, I think that on the small and simple drawings it wouldn't happen, only in the big ones, but, just for an example, I draw a simple and only cube and choose the Hidden style and it also plots this way.

Jonas.

Message 4 of 7
maxim_k

Hi Jonas,

As far as I know , in 2015 version, nothing has changed in relation to printing with Hidden visual style. So this could be something wrong with AutoCAD installation on your Mac, something wrong with AutoCAD preferences.
Have you tried to reset it?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 5 of 7
maxim_k

I also want to mention that when I use Hidden visual style in viewport with perspective view, in some drawings I have strange results, especially if I change focal length of the view from the default 50 mm to something like 25 mm or less.

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi Maxim,

I tried to reset the AutoCAD and it's still having the same problem.

About the focus lenght of the view, where do I change it?

Jonas.

Message 7 of 7
maxim_k

You can adjust focus lens with DVIEW command, but only for perspective view. But from screen shots you posted it appears you are using parallel view,
Another question : are you using the same viewport in simple drawing as in your other drawings? I mean this could be the problem of viewport. Have you tried to create new drawing, draw cube in it, create viewport in Layout and test printing?

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report