AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrate assistant crashing during install of AutoCad for Mac LT 2019

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
485 Views, 7 Replies

Migrate assistant crashing during install of AutoCad for Mac LT 2019

Hello- I'm trying to migrate custom settings from AutoCAD for Mac LT 2018 to AutoCAD for Mac LT 2019. However, the migrate assistant always crashes when I try to use it. If I select to import settings from 2017 it works no problem. The only issue there, is none of my settings are in that version. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

Did you put in your email address, send this in and get a number from them yet?

Capture.PNG 

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Yes I have, but I haven't heard back yet. The error report number is: CER_187461775

Message 4 of 8
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

Thanks for providing all the information on this issue.  It is apparently a known one and the team is actively investigating it.  I don't have a workaround at this point in time. Do you need help in manually migrating anything?

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @john.vellek,

Thanks for your response. I will check in intermittently to see if a solution is found. In the meantime, I will manually migrate the settings. What would be the best way to go about this? Is it preferable to link the new software to the old directories, or copying those old files into the new version directory? 

Message 6 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

I always prefer to keep my own folders for custom content and place them wherever I like. Then all I have to do is add them to my file paths inside of Options.

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Hi @john.vellek,

Thanks for the tip. I'm having a hard time finding any recent documentation on which files and directories are the ones to manually migrate. Is there a document or a list you might be able to recommend?

Message 8 of 8
john.vellek

Hi @Anonymous,

Typically on the Mac side, I see acad.pgp, linetype files, hatch pattern files, perhaps a LSP or two. Perhaps also a font or two which usually resides in the system folder and not the AutoCAD location. You might have some DWT template files that you have adjusted and then also your plot styles (CTB or STB)

If you have not made changes to your shortcuts or installed any linetypes or hatch patterns, I suspect there is not much to migrate.

The big item might be printer configuration files but I recommend rebuilding those for the specific version of AutoCAD you are using.

John Vellek

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report