AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JPEG Image missing in AutoCAD for Mac DWG

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
947 Views, 8 Replies

JPEG Image missing in AutoCAD for Mac DWG

I insert Jpeg image, when I send it to my colleague (or sometimes open it myself) the images are missing. There is also no Bind option when I right click on the Image in Xref panel. I tried to do Attach, doesnt work either...

@Anonymous Topic Title has been edited by Community Manager, @Tiana_Y, for easier findability. 

Tags (1)
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> I insert Jpeg image, when I send it to my colleague (or sometimes open it myself) the images are missing. 

It's normal AutoCAD behave since you don't send also the images itself with the CAD drawing file . you can try ETRANSMIT (Command) . >> Click << 

Message 3 of 9
pendean

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

It says "Unknown command". Im using 2021 CAD, so it doesnt even recognise INSERTOBJ command.

Thanks

Message 5 of 9
dbroad

What OS do you use?

Architect, Registered NC, VA, SC, & GA.
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: dbroad

MAC OS Catalina, 2021 CAD. I used to do Bind in previous CAD versions, cant find it on 2021. Thanks

Message 7 of 9
pendean

You are in the wrong forum (WinOS only). MAC versions have a dedicated forum over here https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-for-mac/ct-p/4051

Let's get your post moved over there, I suspect you are totally out of luck and need to send over the raster images to the users as well.
Message 8 of 9
maxim_k

Hi @Anonymous 

>>>>I used to do Bind in previous CAD versions, cant find it on 2021.

Image Binding has never been available in AutoCAD for Mac. And you cannot "bind" raster image on Mac as you can do on PC, because OLE technology is OS specific and is not supported in macOS.

So the only solution is to insert images as xref and pass them along with the drawing, preferably using ETRANSMIT command 

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 9 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you very much!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report