AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this custom hatch possible?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
804 Views, 5 Replies

Is this custom hatch possible?

I would like  a hatch pattern for siding, or in particular as called here in the UK weatherboard cladding.

I show this normally by using a straightforward horizontal line hatch but I was wondering about something with a little more depth with the effect of a shadow below each board.

Would it be possible to create a hatch with wider polylines? I have attached a drawing to show what I mean and a random image of the style of cladding.

featheredgeoakcladding.jpg

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

FWIW this is the way it needs to be drawn, unless you plan on plotting your creation at 1:1 scale 🙂

Capture.PNG

Message 3 of 6
hugha

Vector hatches carry no line width or colour information within their definition but wider line widths can be simulated by specifying sufficient closely spaced parallel lines to give that effect when plotted.

It works when set up to suit a particular scale but zooming in sort of ruins the trick.

Message 4 of 6
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

As others have indicated, this would need to happen with closely spaced horizontal lines as you can't assign thickness to lines in a hatch.

Perhaps something like the attached will get  you closer to what you are trying to apply.

Capture.PNG

Please select the Accept as Solution button if my post solves your issue or answers your question.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks john.vellek, that works perfectly. 

Message 6 of 6
john.vellek

HI @Anonymous,

I am glad that works - pretty simple to create. Feel free to adjust the values in the PAT file to make scaling easier or to more accurately reflect the material dimensions you are using.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report