AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i add a tool pallet in AutoCAD LT 2020 ?

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
964 Views, 7 Replies

how do i add a tool pallet in AutoCAD LT 2020 ?

Hi guys, I'm trying to add my own toolbar/pallete however you'd like to phrase it, to my AutoCAD LT 2020. I have the files on my mac as XTP files, i can't find a way to add them to my AutoCAD. Id really appreciate any help, if you can link me to maybe even a video tutorial on youtube id greatly appreciate it.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
pendean
in reply to: Anonymous

TPs are from the Windows version of AutoCAD/LT, they do not exist in the MAC versions: did you just switch platforms, or are Windows users trying to share libraries with you?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

hi, im trying to share a library of XTP files, its an exported tool pallet i am trying to import so i can have use of the pallet on mac, is there any way to do this or will i need to run windows AutoCAD lt in bootcamp ?

Message 4 of 8
maxim_k

Hi Petar,

Tool Palettes are not available in AutoCAD for Mac, so you cannot import XTP files from PC version.

What kind of tools do you have on your custom Tool Palettes on Windows side?

I'm asking, because you can use ToolSets Palette and Blocks Palette (formerly Content Palette) on Mac. Maybe it is possible to put some of your tools to ToolSets and Blocks Palettes.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 5 of 8
pendean

>>>...or will i need to run windows AutoCAD lt in bootcamp ...<<<<
If you are in an office and you don't like to be different,unique and have everything especially done for you alone, or you do it all yourself, then that's an option you need to decide on.

Otherwise on a MAC you will need to create your own access to those library blocks as noted by @maxim_k above. Most MAC users have no problem going it alone so to speak, it's why you are on that platform after all.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Basically what it is, is hardware symbols to drag and drop onto my 2D lighting schematics. I would like to be able to do what i do on windows, click on them and drop them into my 2D drawings. Its a number of things like cables we have set in this palette as a layer, sensors, and other hardware symbols. Can you maybe help me do that maxim ?

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: pendean

Im totally new to mac pendean 🙂

Message 8 of 8
maxim_k

>>>>Can you maybe help me do that maxim ?
If you use Tool Palettes in AutoCAD for Windows mostly for collecting blocks into libraries and inserting blocks (symbols), then you can use Blocks Palette on Mac for this purpose. More precisely - "Content" tab of Blocks Palette:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/E...

In previous versions of AutoCAD for Mac the Content tab existed as a separate palette and here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UtvH5h1Nic
you can find video review of Content Palette (now Content tab of Blocks Palette) functionality.

You can also look at this video, which shows new features in AC 2020 for Mac, including new Blocks Palette:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-for-mac/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2020/E...

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report