AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Font type not showing or printing

26 REPLIES 26
SOLVED
Message 1 of 27
greenwoodmike
3894 Views, 26 Replies

Font type not showing or printing

I have an issue that is driving me batsh**

I have a truetype font that will not display in my drawings. Now I know this has been discussed here before, and after five days of research, both here and on the web in general, I cannot resolve it. FYI, I'm using AutoCAD LT 2017.

The font is in the system OS, and every other app on my Mac can display and print it ok. But when I try opening an existing drawing that uses this font, or creating a new drawing, setting up a new text style using the font, it displays an alternate font, like its not present on my system. Also, when I try to add a text box and choose the text style that uses the font, everything looks good until I type the first letter, then it switches the font type to "Arial".

I have attached 3 screen shots.

Image Screen1 is showing the correct "Text Style" and the correct TrueType Font selected.

Screen1.jpeg

Image Screen2 shows that when I type a capital "A" or any other character for that matter, the font changes to "Arial".

Screen2.jpeg

Image Screen3 shows the Text Style that has been setup.

Screen3.jpeg

This font has worked just fine in the AutoCAD windows world. I have recently switched to a Mac at work and cannot get the font to work on the Mac. I have tried adding it to the AutoCAD resources folder, deleting and reinstalling the Font, even deleting and reinstalling AutoCAD (AutoCAD LT 2017) itself, and several other tips I have found during my research that I can't even remember now, my head is spinning so hard now!

Help!

Mike

26 REPLIES 26
Message 21 of 27
greenwoodmike
in reply to: maxim_k

Well that's a small step in the right direction. Now I'm getting a "Square" Symbol instead of the Capital "A"

This is so frustrating!

Maxim, can you try the font again on your system and see what you get? 

I feel really bad taking up your time on this, because its really not an AutoCAD issue, But you are the only one who has been able to rectify it in the past.

Thanks you so much for the time you have put in on this!

Screen Shot 2020-10-23 at 9.32.36 AM.png

Message 22 of 27
maxim_k
in reply to: greenwoodmike

Hi Mike,
Please double check that you are using the font I sent you today.
I checked on my side and if I create text style with that font, set it current and start creating text with capita A, everything works fine.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 23 of 27
greenwoodmike

No Luck. Went through all my files on my Mac, and deleted every version of the font. uninstalled it from Font Book, rebooted, verified, that I was installing the file you sent, reinstalled, and now getting a square box.

Message 24 of 27
maxim_k

>>>>deleted every version of the font. uninstalled it from Font Book
Have you verified that this font is not available in AutoCAD after you removed it from Font Book?

I checked just now - downloaded zip archive I attached to my post, extracted font from it, copied it to ~/Library/Fonts folder, launched AutoCAD and tested it - when I press upper case A on keyboard, the logo appears in text string.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 25 of 27
greenwoodmike

Well, I think we have reached a resolution, at least kinda!

While I'm still only getting a square box when I use/view  the font on screen, when I go to print or save to .pdf the font display and points properly. Kinda weird, but expectable.

Maxim, thank you again for all the time and effort you put in to helping me get this resolved.

Take care,

Mike

Message 26 of 27
maxim_k

Mike,

What AutoCAD version are you using now? And what macOS is on your Mac?

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 27 of 27
greenwoodmike

Sorry for the delay, I didn't see your response.

I'm running AutoCAD LT 2021.1 for Mac R.47.M.87

MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report