AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't make 2D drawing, it becomes 3D drawing

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
berkeozkok
4797 Views, 3 Replies

Can't make 2D drawing, it becomes 3D drawing

I am using Autocad for Mac 2014.

When I draw line or something 2d, it becomes 3d. When I look front view I can see that it is sloping. How can I solve this problem?

Also I posted in another post, but I can't make FLATTEN in Autocad Mac. http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/autocad-2013-2014-2015/2d-drawing-becoming-3d/m-p/5537475#M74812

This is a screenshot from Autocad, also I posted in other post. It is a front view screenshot, lines are sloping. Also due to this, I can't measure lines.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: berkeozkok

Hi,

In AutoCAD for Mac you can flatten some type of the objects with Properties palette:

2015-03-15 16-07-29 Properties Inspector.png

- select all objects in the drawing, than use filtering list in Properties palette to select object properties by type (line, circle, etc.) to activate properties for individual group of objects.

For lines you need to set start Z and end Z to zero:

2015-03-15 16-09-30 Properties Inspector.png

- for circles - set center Z to zero,

- for polylines - set Elevation to zero,

- for text objects set insertion point Z to zero

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
berkeozkok
in reply to: maxim_k

This is solved problem on my old drawing. But when I draw something new, how can I draw only 2d. Because I'm not using Autocad in 3d, I always use for 2d drawings. So is there an option for only drawing 2d?

Message 4 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: berkeozkok

If you initially don't change elevation, use plan view with WCS and pick points in screen while you create geometry in AutoCAD you draw in 2D. By default AutoCAD assumes Z=0 for all points you pick in drawing area so you draw in 2D unless you use elevation different from zero or input Z value or snap accidentally to point with Z not equal zero.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report