AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad for Mac not working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
552 Views, 3 Replies

Autocad for Mac not working

I downloaded Autocad 2018 for Mac from Autodesk website and installed. The Autocad opens fine, but as soon as I try opening a file (in this case I am trying .dwg file), the system hangs up (unheard in Mac world).

The file is not corrupted as I can open the same file through Autocad in PC (windows 10). Also I can open the same file using Fusion 360 in my Mac. My Mac is new and with latest and greatest hardware, so can't think of hardware as an issue here.

Can anybody guide, what could be going wrong here. Is Autocad for Mac not successfully working? and any reason why it is not put up in Apple App Store even though Fusion 360 is available in Apple App Store.

Thanks!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

Are you able to create new drawing with AutoCAD?
Can you open any other DWG file then you mentioned in your post?
BTW - Fusion 360 for Mac opens (import) DWG files by pushing them through the Cloud Translation Process, so conversion process take place on Autodesk servers, but not on your Mac

>>>>Can anybody guide, what could be going wrong here. Is Autocad for Mac not successfully working?
>>>>and any reason why it is not put up in Apple App Store even though Fusion 360 is available in Apple App Store.

AutoCAD for Mac works fine for most users and it is able to open drawings, created in AutoCAD on PC.
AutoCAD doesn't appears in Mac app Store, for several reasons. For example, because it is not sandboxed application.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
pendean

Post a DWG file from a Windows PC that you cannot open, let those with your MAC setup repeat the test.

Also remind everyone what your MacOS version is please.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

I also face the same problem while installing the AutoCAD software on my computer. Then I solve my problem from outlook support. You can also take help from the support team. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report