AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad for Mac Edit Scale List

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
Anonymous
849 Views, 6 Replies

Autocad for Mac Edit Scale List

Hi everyone, 

I´ve been working with Autocad for a while and the Mac version for a couple of years. I´ve always worked in centimeters units but now i´m working in someone else's project which is a mess (lots of drawing units for example). I´ve always scaled drawings: z - s - 1000/100xp  (1:100 for example) but now that same factor doesn't work.  So I realized I really don't know much about Autocad...

How does the xp factor scale work? Does it matter the working unit I use? 1000/100xp works with cm but not for mt nor mm ? What is the logic of it? Maybe it depends o the configuration of the Drawing ?... I tried to Edit the Scale List because non of the suggested scales worked out. 

Maybe its a very basic knowledge but it would be really helpful if someone could explain it with a very basic language in order to get it right! 

Thanks!

AZ

Labels (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
imadHabash
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

>> z - s - 1000/100xp  (1:100 for example) but now that same factor doesn't work.

Yes ... this is depend on your current drawing items unit . i mean if it in ( m ,cm or mm ) .

>> 1000/100xp works with cm but not for mt nor mm ?

i suggest to check your current VP rectangle . check if it's as the same model layout units . 

Q: what do you mean by '' Scale list'' in your title :  Autocad for Mac Edit Scale List ?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

Hi, thanks for your reply

>>this is depend on your current drawing items unit . i mean if it in ( m ,cm or mm )>> there are m and cm units.

>>i suggest to check your current VP rectangle. check if it's as the same model layout units .>> the VP rectangle would be the Viewports in the Layout? The paper size is A2 59.4 x 42.00 mm if that gives more details about my drawing.

>>Q: what do you mean by '' Scale list''>> as shown in the image.

Message 4 of 7
imadHabash

i think that there is a miss used and understand for the situation .

• Those scales that you attached ONLY used for Annotative objects , did you know that ? >> Click << 
  • you wrote ( The paper size is A2 59.4 x 42.00 mm ) , this is impossible ? you have to check your numbers or unit !

i think that you need to review your CAD information ?

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: imadHabash

I know I should´ve learned this long time ago but its never late to do so..

I did not know. I use the nºxp factor because it has always worked but not this time and I realized I don't know how it really works. Thats what I want to understand.

The paper sizes cm, wrong unit. 59.4 x 42.00 cm

Message 6 of 7
maxim_k

Hi @Anonymous 

At first I have to mention that AutoCAD knows nothing about centimeters or millimeters. It knows only about units (AutoCAD drawing units). And you can decide how long is this AutoCAD drawing unit, it could be mm, cm, m, km, etc.

>>>>>How does the xp factor scale work?

Entering a value followed by xp, indicates the scale relative to paper space units. For example, entering 1000/100xp=10xp displays model space at ten times of the scale of paper space units and set viewport scale to 10:1.

In your case the size of paper is 59.4 x 42.00 AutoCAD units (you think they are cm), so when you set viewport scale to 10:1, and viewport occupies entire sheet, you could fit object in Model space with dimensions not more than 5.94 x 4.2 AutoCAD drawing units.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 7 of 7
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

Hi @maxim_k ,

Thanks, your explanation was very clear and perfectly understandable !

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report