AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autocad 2016 MAC - print error (printing, previewing and pdf)

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
5029 Views, 2 Replies

Autocad 2016 MAC - print error (printing, previewing and pdf)

Greetings,

here is workaround (fix) for those who find themselves in the following situation:

You want to print, preview or export a pdf within Autocad 2016 for Mac and while you´re trying to do that you receive this sort of error message, an the whole application transcends into some sort of guru meditation state:

"There was an error saving the file /Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2016/R20.1/roaming/@en@/plotters//PRINTERNAME/TMP-PRINTERNAME(temp).PCM"

Try to do the following:

1. open a terminal window (spotlight - type TERM - and hit ENTER)

2. in your terminal window type the following and do not close the window:

• defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES (and press ENTER)
  • killall Finder (press ENTER)

Now all the invisible content of your filesystem becomes visible within Finder

3. In Finder navigate to YOUR-HARDDISK/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/Autodesk/AutoCAD 2016/R20.1/roaming/@en@/plotters

4. Create a folder in your plotters folder and name it exactly as it is stated in your error message (PRINTERNAME).

5. Start Autocad and check if stuff is working as it should 😉

6. in your terminal window from step 2. type the following:

• defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO (and press ENTER)
  • killall Finder (press ENTER)

Finder should be in its initial state and Autocad should be able to print/preview/export pdf without any trouble.

Good luck and take care, ervin

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
john.vellek
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your great contribution.

Another way I try to take control of my printing in AutoCAD for Mac 2016 is it go into the application preferences and move the printer support folders to a location that is a bit easier to find in the first place so I don't have to play with Terminal.

Here is another link to some common printing issue swith Mac.

John Vellek

Join the Autodesk Customer Council - Interact with developers, provide feedback on current and future software releases, and beta test the latest software!

Autodesk Knowledge Network | Autodesk Account | Product Feedback
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: john.vellek

Thanks John, also a great hint with the printer support folders. I had to go the way I described because no printer support folders were available besides the plotstyles folder within the category mentioned. So if you have 2 or 3 folder entries (including your plotstyle folder), the easier way would definetly be the one John mentioned - without the need to hustle around with TERM 😉 Cheers, ervin

@john.vellek wrote:

Hi @Anonymous,

Thanks for your great contribution.

Another way I try to take control of my printing in AutoCAD for Mac 2016 is it go into the application preferences and move the printer support folders to a location that is a bit easier to find in the first place so I don't have to play with Terminal.

Here is another link to some common printing issue swith Mac.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report