AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AutoCAD 2015 migration on MAC book Pro concerning "permissions".

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
jamaio
406 Views, 3 Replies

AutoCAD 2015 migration on MAC book Pro concerning "permissions".

Need help to solve a computer problem.

Background:

My 9 year old Apple MacBook Pro quit. Took it to the Apple store and they said the hard disc failed. Time for a new computer. Got new MacBook Pro loaded with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. I had backed up the old computer about a month ago on a Samsung external drive with all my data and applications. All migrated to new computer but with a problem. The AutoCAD program came up with a message when I tried to load it.

“Folders on your computer that AutoCAD needs access

to are not available. AutoCAD cannot run until folder

permission issues are resolved.”

The old computer was running on MAC Lion os and the AutoCAD version I have is: vs 2015, 20.0.51.455. I am thinking that the problem lies with the “permissions settings” on the new MAC . I need a step by step procedure to fix the problem. Can anybody help. I know how to do my drafting with the AutoCAD program, but am really lacking on computer savy. Thank you.

Jim           e-mail:    jamaio@verizon.net

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
maxim_k
in reply to: jamaio

Welcome to Autodesk Forums!

Hi Jim,

After migrating to new Mac, you have to reinstall AutoCAD (uninstall it and install again) - this is true in all cases.
But you have 2015 version which is not supported on Mojave, so unfortunately you will not be able to install it. The earliest AutoCAD for Mac version compatible with Mojave is 2017 with 2017.3 update installed. If you cannot downgrade macOS, the only one way is to upgrade AutoCAD to latest 2020 version (or at least to 2017).
Plus keep in mind that 2017 version is not supported on Catalina, that is why I recommend you upgrade to 2020 version.

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 3 of 4
jamaio
in reply to: maxim_k

Thank you very much.  I was hoping it was something in settings, but.....Regards Jim     ##.- Please type your reply above this line -##
Message 4 of 4
jamaio
in reply to: maxim_k

Hello Maxim,

Thank you sir.  Was hoping it was just a setting, but in the back of my mind thinking its time for upgrade.  Its been a happy association since the year 1981 when I started the first AutoCAD training program in a high school in the state of Delaware.   Now, at 74, its time to put away what made a living for 40 years.   Again my thanks.

J. A. Maio  Retired Drafting instructor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report