AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

auto cad doesn't show m2 or area

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
1373 Views, 1 Reply

auto cad doesn't show m2 or area

I am a first time user of autocad LT. I am shocked to to see how unuserfriendly it is.

The simplest thing of all should be to show area of a room (or m2).

Not even that is easy.

I took a video of my screen while trying to measure something as simple as the hallway.

I would expect some box that says the numbers of the area but there is nothing anywhere.

Where are the numbers???? When I let go of the mouse button after selecting an area (showed as green) it just dissapears..!! why doesnt it stay selected?

This is really ****ed up. Why call something quick dimension if the software shows you nothing.. whats quick about that?

screen recording:

https://youtu.be/l7wvDfO3who

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk Forums!

Hi,

1/ You are trying to use wrong tools (commands) for measuring area. In your video you use button to measure ANGLE at first (which allows to measure angles between existing objects) and than you are trying to use Quick Dimension command (which allows you to quickly put dimensions of existing objects). But you need to use AREA command or Area option inside MEASURE

2/ AutoCAD interacts with user (in particular case, it should give information on the measured area) via Command window or via Dynamic input prompt. Both are closed (disabled) in your case. To turn on Command window you can use Command+3 shortcut (or menu Window -> Command Line). Tu turn on Dynamic input you can use Dynamic input button on the Status Bar or use Shift+Command+D shortcut.

area.gif

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Technology Administrators

Autodesk Design & Make Report