AutoCAD for Mac Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s AutoCAD for Mac Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD for Mac topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a new layout in an existing sheet to a project

27 REPLIES 27
SOLVED
Message 1 of 28
Anonymous
3025 Views, 27 Replies

Add a new layout in an existing sheet to a project

Hi,

I have an existing project set up, which as numerous DWGs linked each with 1 or more layouts.  I now want to link a new layout in a DWG file thats already part of the project?

How do I do this without deleting the dwg from the project & then re-importing it again (losing all of the layout referencing in the process?

Thanks

Tags (1)
27 REPLIES 27
Message 21 of 28
maxim_k
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

It is not release 4 it is only Update 4, which fixes existing major (sometimes minor) bugs.
But you are talking about additional feature, which can be added only in new application release and if this feature will be requested by many users.

Maxim

Do you find the posts helpful? "LIKE" these posts!
Have your question been answered successfully? Click 'ACCEPT SOLUTION' button.

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Etiquette and Ground Rules of Autodesk Community
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
in reply to: maxim_k

I disagree. What is the point in having the Project Manager if you can't load new layouts in an existing DWG into it? Over time, you could input quite a lot of info into the layout properties.

Having transferred over to AutoCAD from ArchiCAD, I've set up all of our templates to operate in this manner & that's what it's supposed to do (as per the Windows version).

Call it a release, update, or whatever you like; the issue needs fixing. Especially when they keep taking money out of my account each month for licenses.

Message 23 of 28
maxim_k

If you need this feature, you can submit your request here:

http://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Maxim

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 24 of 28

So this is still a problem... I have had the same issue for years, but usually in too much of a hurry to hassle with answers from the internet and most of my projects it does note effect, but I have a few that I am working on now that I really need this feature or I will be spending hours reloading plans.  Please tell me there has been a resolution to the Mac Project Manager and adding new sheets.  

Thanks!

Message 25 of 28
richwilden

I have the same issue and I'm using AutoCAD LT 2022 for Mac. Are there any updates or workarounds I can use to get the functionality I need? I have over 60 layouts that I am using Project Manager layout information to populate hundreds of fields, so recreating the while set-up to add a couple layouts is a huge effort.

Message 26 of 28
maxim_k

Hi @richwilden ,

>>>>I have the same issue and I'm using AutoCAD LT 2022 for Mac. Are there any updates or workarounds

No updates and workarounds....

You can leave your feedback here:

https://www.autodesk.com/company/contact-us/product-feedback

Maxim Kanaev
Architect
MARSS

MacACAD | Linkedin

Message 27 of 28
luisQS2PB

This is absolutely appalling and disrespectful from Autodesk.

It's been 6 years since it was first reported and still nothing has been done.

Message 28 of 28
simao.mariz

AutoDesk, can you reply something? 
How can this easy informative bug still be unfixed? It makes me want to migrate to windows just because of that

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report