cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert and update the same circuit drawings in a project

Insert and update the same circuit drawings in a project

I have a 2 drawings that together form a motor circuit: Drawing 1 contains the control wiring, drawing 2 contains the power part.

Now I have a project that contains - let's say - 100 of these motor circuits.

This means that I have to insert these same 2 drawings a 100 times, and after each insert do an retag/update of these 2 newly inserted drawings to make the tags unique. (if you don't do this, all newly inserted components have the same tag)
This is a lot of the same steps that you have to do.

I would like to have some kind of tool that does this insert of (multiple sheet) circuits and retag actions automatically. (Maybe start from a excel file?)

This tool can also come in handy for loop circuits that only span 1 page.

5 Comments
chris.downing
Collaborator
jdupont
Participant

Hello Chris,

That's correct, but when you save it to the icon menu, you still don't have a link between the 2 circuits, allthough they belong together.

If you do it like this you have to insert  2 circuits on 2 different drawings and then do a retag/update of those 2 drawings.

if you need to do these steps a 100 times (for the same type of motor circuit), then you have repeating work to do ...

Regards,

John

chris.downing
Collaborator

I see your point with this, it sounds like you want to build a circuit using Marcos, a bit like ECSCAD?

jdupont
Participant

Hi Chris,

I've only seen ECSCAD from a (very) far, so I guess you might be right ... 

I suppose that there will be more ACADE users that face this challenge  

Regards,

John

If you insert a saved circuit into a drawing that is set for line reference based tagging or is set up for x-zone tagging, or is set up for sequential tagging, the component tags should update after the circuits are inserted.  I'm not certain why you have to separately run the retag command.  Insertng a saved circuit is the equivalent of inserting a macro from ECSCAD.  I also use ECSCAD.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Submit Idea  

Technology Administrators

AutoCAD Beta